We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Towel Cards & Check out?

Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Topic
Towel Cards & Check out?

Staying at the elegance this coming week. I have a question about the towel cards.

I understand you get a card at check in, and then exchange it for your towel during your stay etc. But what happens when you check out? Do you give them your dirty towel, or do you exchange it for your towel card and give them that? I guess I'm wondering how do they keep track and charge people for missing/lost towels?

Not planning on losing it, but I've heard the towel game is in full swing, and just curious. Thanks!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Towel Cards & Check out?

the usual way would be you give your towel back on the last morning/shortly before you go to check out, and take your towel card back instead of a fresh next towel. you could also bring the towel to check out instead of the card. important is that you have one of those 2 at hand to give it back upon check out.

Level Contributor
2,122 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Towel Cards & Check out?

Agree with Mike, it was a little different this year than last.

Last year we gave the cards to the towel guy and then just kept exchanging towel for towel the next morning. We got the cards back on our last day.

This year we gave the cards, got towels, and then returned the towel at like 6pm and got the cards back, everyday.

Either way, as long as you have cards or towels at check-out, you should be fine. Supposedly the towel card is $35 to replace if lost.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Towel Cards & Check out?

I actually just asked a question about this in another thread. Is it easier to just bring your own towel than to have to worry about losing your card or exchanging a card each night?

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,708 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Towel Cards & Check out?

Vest DJ ..it is nicer to be able to swap out your towel daily for a clean one. Your own towel would be a bit funky by the end of the week with the sand, sunscreen saltwater and chlorine.....plus they always seem to stay a little damp.

Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Towel Cards & Check out?

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

6. Re: Towel Cards & Check out?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 07:16