We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transfers booked through Thomson

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
romford
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Private transfers booked through Thomson

Hi,

Has anybody used Thomson for a private transfer ... I believe they use Jumbo Transfers.

Does anybody have any feedback regarding this company which they could share with me, as I'm unable to find any info or reviews on them?

Many thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
187 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private transfers booked through Thomson

Hi

We have just returned from 10 night stay at Ambar flew out on Dreamliner premium and private taxi booked by Thomsons, when u arrive and get through airport there wl be a taxi with yr name on card, who wisks you awAy to yr hotel on departure you get told a time for collection by the rep and you will be collected at this te from lobby of hotel again a card will be displayed with yr name. Not sure of the name of the company they use but our taxis were on time and offered fast comfy transfers wouldn't hesitate to use this service again much better than the coach

romford
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private transfers booked through Thomson

Hi Petalflower,

Thanks for your reply .. reassuring to hear that you had a good experience with them.

We have booked through Caribbean Warehouse ... flight only with Thomson and hotel direct, meaning we don't have access to a Thomson rep and there have to contact the transfer company 2 days prior to our departure to arrange pick up time.

Off topic ... how did you find PE on the Dreamliner? After hearing people having issues with getting in/out of the seats in PE, we have managed to book row 1.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Private transfers booked through Thomson

Hi Sandy and Petalflower :)

We are flying to pc in September on thomson dreamliner premium section. How did you find it? last time we flew with Thomas Cook airbus 330 and we weren't impressed at all. . Think after reading your comment about private transfers though I'm going to phone and book them tomorrow!

Rayleigh Essex UK
Level Contributor
132 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private transfers booked through Thomson

Hi Sandi1Romford

We flew the Dreamliner in Dec 3013 and found the seats ok But it is the armrest on the seats that cause the problem, they to large at the front, so when you try to get out the person next to you HAS to move first.

I would have thought that Thomson would have rectified this by now, but it seems not to have happened, you have booked the best row of seats so all should be ok for you.

We fly on it again in June and could not book the front seats.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 08:42
romford
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private transfers booked through Thomson

Hi Terry,

Yes, I have previously read about the issues with the arm rests protruding further out than the actual seats .. design not well thought out at all!

We are also flying out to the Dom Rep in June ... perhaps we have pinched your seats lol!

Rayleigh Essex UK
Level Contributor
132 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private transfers booked through Thomson

Hi sandy

bet you have, looked on website as soon as seat choice available and found that ALL window seats were booked, I think Thomson are up to something with the seat bookings that they dont tell everybody,thomson shop thinks its mabee a wedding party that are on aircraft and 1 person booked the lot, still not to fussed nothing to see out the window except the ocean, still good service in P/economy,might be on same flight on the 20th

Edited: 13 May 2014, 12:27
UK
Level Contributor
877 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private transfers booked through Thomson

We also fly out to the Dom Rep in June and have row 1 seats, see you on the flight sandy1romford.

UK
Level Contributor
187 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private transfers booked through Thomson

Hi

Premium on Dreamliner was great we were lucky and managed to get seats 1a & 1c I could stretchy legs out fully and if I tiptoed I could just touch wall in front this was good as it meant I could get out of seat without hubby having to move or put his screen away, the chair is a bit uncomfortable if you use leg rest as with this out it causes gap at seat pad and this digs into your leg food ok for plane food but got us it was the extra legroom and space in seats that was great along with 23kg luggage lol.

Have a great holiday were missing it already

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Private transfers booked through Thomson

Sounds good petalflower. I know what you mean, have been missing pc for a yr and 1/2 lol

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Private transfers booked through Thomson

I just phoned thomson and booked our private transfers, we paid for our tourist/visa cards online already and have them ready to go too. I'm far too excited with way too long to wait lol.