We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Gatwick to Punta Cana BA Club World (Business Class)

London, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Topic
London Gatwick to Punta Cana BA Club World (Business Class)

Any views on the journey on the Antigua to Punta Cana leg of the LGW to PUJ? I'm quite looking forward for the short flight from Antigua to Punta Cana.

Level Contributor
113 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Gatwick to Punta Cana BA Club World (Business Class)

From experience it can be turbulent (whether in club or world traveller!)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London Gatwick to Punta Cana BA Club World (Business Class)

>>>From experience it can be turbulent (whether in club or world traveller!)<<<

Yes it can. The same can apply anywhere in the world though. It only takes around 1hr 15 minutes anyway.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 23:12
Scotland
Level Contributor
579 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Gatwick to Punta Cana BA Club World (Business Class)

We done it last year, wasn't happy with the touch down at Antigua, felt a bit like a bus stop, cleaners came on, every passenger had to identify their hand luggage, No drink was served for all the time on the ground,

Passengers leaving the flight other joining, I felt it was worse on the way home. Just wasn't up to BA's high standards,

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London Gatwick to Punta Cana BA Club World (Business Class)

You do know you can get a direct flight to Punta Cana don't you? The service starts very soon. I have booked for next year on World Traveller Plus.

The flights are on Tuesdays and Saturdays and the flights are BA2205 and BA2204.

London, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: London Gatwick to Punta Cana BA Club World (Business Class)

The LGW to PUJ flight via Antigua is Direct. It's just not Non Stop. I'm travelling in July and there are no Non Stop flights on BA around the time I'm travelling. It doesn't bother me at all that we're stopping in Antigua. I knew before I booked it. Also, I'm travelling in Club World so if they don't serve drinks when grounded then I can just get a few drinks from the 'kitchen' before we land in Antigua. I'm assuming that the flight will be around half full or less for the Anitgua to Punta Cana leg as many people will be getting off in Antigua.

It will be weird having cleaners come in while we're sitting at our seats but I'll just have a beer and let them get on with it. I can't wait.

cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
260 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Gatwick to Punta Cana BA Club World (Business Class)

What you also need to be aware of they take headsets off you approx 30 minutes before landing at Antigua and turn films off.

You then have an approximate 1 hour wait on the ground with no entertainmmet, and then your approximate onward 75 minute flight with no entertainment proivided, so it can work out nearly 3 hours where you have to either read or provide your own music/games. Felt this was really dissapointing from BA.

London, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: London Gatwick to Punta Cana BA Club World (Business Class)

Is that the same in Club World as well. If yes then thats crazy. Many airlines let you watch films as soon as you get on the plane including take off and landings.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: London Gatwick to Punta Cana BA Club World (Business Class)

OK.....Let me rephrase my answer of post #4

London Gatwick – Punta Cana effective from 26OCT14.

New service to operate as NONSTOP service in both directions, however frequency reduced from 3 to 2 weekly. Tuesdays and Saturdays.

I am booked outbound on Saturday 17th January 2015 and inbound on Tuesday 17th March 2015.

BA2205.....Depart LGW @1000.... Arrive PUJ @1515.........777 26

BA2204.....Depart PUJ @1800..... Arrive LGW +1 @ 0605...777 26

Thank you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: London Gatwick to Punta Cana BA Club World (Business Class)

Great. Next time it looks like a non stop flight for me.

Scotland
Level Contributor
579 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: London Gatwick to Punta Cana BA Club World (Business Class)

kiwnu,

I'm afraid drinks and entertainment are both out from about 15 mins before landing at Antigua, Even in CLUB, they do start drinks again once your in the air to Punta Cana, not sure about the entertainment (I was to busy catching up with no drink for an hour and a half (lol) ( I am Scottish) Our flight was as full from Antigua to Punta Cana (including Club) as they re sell the seats and as many people come on as get off.. As I said like a Bus Service...