We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance Club-How are the beach and pool bathrooms?

Maryland
Level Contributor
45 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance Club-How are the beach and pool bathrooms?

Just wondering if there are bathrooms close to the beach and pool and if so are they nice ??

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance Club-How are the beach and pool bathrooms?

There are bathrooms at the See and Sea (Beachfront restaurant) and very large multi-guest bathrooms below the See & Sea.

Both club lounges, on both sides of the resort, have a solo bathroom for each men and women.

To be honest, the bathrooms in the club lounges are nothing special, and they do tend to get sandy floors, as expected. The cleaning crew is always on site maintaining them, but the sand is an obvious problem that is unavoidable. It may sound silly, but the hand-dryers annoyed me everyday, they are the auto-sensor variety and never seemed to work very well for me.

I am surprised that when they renovated the club lounges, they didnt add more bathrooms. There can be a short wait at some busy times of the day.

Shrewsbury...
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance Club-How are the beach and pool bathrooms?

I've heard the bathrooms below the sea and sea get icky, but the club bathrooms are fine and actually more private than the bathroom in your room.

Maryland
Level Contributor
45 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance Club-How are the beach and pool bathrooms?

Thanks Matt you are so helpful, we stayed at the Palladium and it was the same kinda thing there I expect sand at a beach. Good to know there are lots of options when my hand is just about always holding a drink lol

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance Club-How are the beach and pool bathrooms?

If you go early in the day, the bathrroms are spotless below the s+s, but I can imagine they get a little abused during the day, as they are the main bathroom for the non-club section. The bathrooms at the s+s itself were always in good shape.

Oh and don't be surprised if there is a cleaning LADY in the mens bathroom, they don't really care much that you are in there (and didn't bother me either) Just another cultural thing that differs from home, that is the norm there.

Lol yes, the club bathrooms have solid doors, where your room has frosted glass doors (except the club level 1BR suites with the extra 1/2 bath, which is a solid door)

Edited: 14 May 2014, 14:30
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,928 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance Club-How are the beach and pool bathrooms?

So true about the cleaning ladies being there and not being bothered! It is weird the first time it happens.

I think any beach area bathroom is going to be not too nice. Too many people while on vacation feel they do not need help keep a clean bathroom. Some do not flush and some throw their dirty paper towel on the floor! And when you think of the number of people going throw them!

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Elegance Club-How are the beach and pool bathrooms?

They are always cleaning the bathrooms during the day, but the Club ones also tend to get "wet". People are coming in from the pool and beach in wet suits. The ones UNDER the See & Sea are large. The reason they switched to the blow dryers was because guests were throwing their towels on the floor or wherever. So, solve one problem and deal with another. I prefer the blow dryers. They kinda neat because you actually stick your hands in them.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Elegance Club-How are the beach and pool bathrooms?

Yeah the Dyson Blade dryers they have at most of the bathrooms are nice, the ones in the Club lounges need an update IMO. I was always struggling to get them to stay on once my hands were under them. :)

Most auto faucets hate me too, lol

Edited: 14 May 2014, 15:32
murillo
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Elegance Club-How are the beach and pool bathrooms?

I'd try to use the lounge ones only ... the ones under the S&S are used by the whole resort ... discusting but that is life... As for the floor being wet ... who would go to the bath room in bare feet... Not I ... Club ones have AC too... It's kinkda freeky the first time you see a cleaning lady wiping down the sink beside you at the trough...lol ... after a couple few rums ... i say ... Me puede dar una mano ... por favor

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Elegance Club-How are the beach and pool bathrooms?

I found the restrooms at sea and sea and pool were pretty wet and dirty - although freqently I saw them being cleaned.

Lounge would be better.

The washrooms at the lobby were best. More privacy and very clean.

murillo
Level Contributor
6,138 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Elegance Club-How are the beach and pool bathrooms?

lobby washrooms are too far to walk from the beach ... Plants would die along the way...lol... The Washrooms at the S&S are usually like that because nobody could keep it clean ... might be 400 ppl using it . If you wear something on your feet it is no problem ...