We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hair dryer and straighteners

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bellshill, United...
Level Contributor
778 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Hair dryer and straighteners

Hi everyone,

Travelling from the UK next week and my wife is wondering if her GHD hair straighteners and GHD hair dryer will work ok in Punta Cana?

Also, will the different voltage and HZ cause any damage to the equipment?

Many thanks in advance

Gaz

UK
Level Contributor
611 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hair dryer and straighteners

Read here about electrical equipment (scroll down for the UK guidelines): tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147293-c81493/Punt…

Also, be aware that with high levels of humidity using that equipment might not be of much use. But those who use it on this forum might provide you with a better answer on that one. See here: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k241…

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hair dryer and straighteners

Hi. I was in punta Cana two years ago and my GHD'S worked great, going back again in July and they'll be one of the first things I'll pack, have fun :)

Bellshill, United...
Level Contributor
778 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hair dryer and straighteners

That's great thanks!

So by the sounds of it the straighteners will work but hair dryer will be very slow?

Hopefully my standard room at Grand Palladium Resorts & Spa has a dryer builr into room.

Does anyonw know if the rooms have irons?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
36,832 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hair dryer and straighteners

rangersgary

If your GHD hairdryer is dual voltage then you will have no problem with it going slower.........check the label for confirmation on voltage.

Angie.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hair dryer and straighteners

rangersgary,

There are hairdryers in situ that work ok and yes irons and ironing boards are in the standard rooms.

Bellshill, United...
Level Contributor
778 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hair dryer and straighteners

Thanks a lot for your help.

Ive sent you a private message Drummermum

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
230 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hair dryer and straighteners

Things my lady refuses to bring to tropical places ...hair dryer , straightener and heels.

8. Re: Hair dryer and straighteners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:17