We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Esmeralda Food Questions

Bahia Esmeralda Food Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 05:50
Poland
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Esmeralda Food Questions

We will be there with our 4 year old in June. And the food is also important for us :). This is what i've found on buffets opening hours:

breakfast from 7AM to 10:30AM, in case of a trip or leaving the hotel early in the morning Esmeralda guests may use Punta Cana or Bavaro breakfast buffet which is opened before 7 am.

lunch 1PM - 3:30PM

dinner 6:30PM - 10:30PM

Arrecife - beach bar/snacks , 10AM - 4:30PM

In my travel agent brochure there is information about kids menu/ kids buffet but I was not able to find any photos how it really looks and if there is any good choice...

Anyone who had been there has any photos of the kids menu?

You can book all alacartes except those that are located in Ambar (Don Pablo Gourmet Restaurant , Portofino Italian Restaurant , El Olivo Mediterranean Restaurant) which is adults only. As the only gourmet available for Esmeralda/Ambar guests is in Ambar (Don Pablo) I hope to be able to make reservation in Bavaro/Punta Cana gourmet.

I will also add some questions

For breakfast and lunch are both Jazmín Restaurant and Los Geranios Restaurant opened? Which one is better? Do they both have omelette station?

Not food but kids related...

What is exactly the Bahia Scouts marked as number 17 on the resort map?

Thank you

2. Re: Bahia Esmeralda Food Questions

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
335 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Esmeralda Food Questions

Lunch 1PM to 3:30 PM? That seems like a late start. Is that time correct?

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Esmeralda Food Questions

dj-dale,

The buffet hours for each resort are as follows:

Ambar, Esmeralda, Punta Cana & Bavaro resort

Breakfast – 7am to 10:30am

Lunch – 12:30 pm to 3:30pm

Supper – 6:30 pm to 10:30pm

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Esmeralda Food Questions

deLiilah,

In the event that others are reading this post that may be staying at the Esmeralda resort, it is worthy to note that guests of the Esmeralda resort may not use any of the a la cartes or other amenities of the Ambar resort if they have children under 18 years of age in attendance.

Guests of the Ambar & Esmeralda resorts can dine at an a la carte each night of their stay and may also dine at the same a la carte on more than one occasion.

Here are the a la cartes available to you starting with the most popular.

The Don Pablo - gourmet - located at the Ambar resort

The Bella Italia - Italian - located at the Esmeralda

The Garden Grill - steakhouse - located at the Punta Cana resort

The Takara - Asian - located at the Esmeralda resort

The El Olivio - Mediterranean - located at the Ambar

The Portofino - Italian - located at the Ambar

The Maiko - Japanese - located at the Bavaro resort (designated for Ambar guests)

The Mikado - Japanese - located at the Punta Cana resort (designated for Esmeralda guests)

The Sante Fe - Tex-Mex - located at the Bavaro resort

The El Meson - Spanish - located at the Bavaro resort

Olas lYll – BBQ – located at the Bavaro resort

Conuco – Dominican – located at the Premier resort

For guests of the Esmeralda resort wishing to dine with children under 18 years of age at a "gourmet" a la carte, the "Le Gourmet" a la carte designated for guests of the Bavaro, Premier and Punta Cana resorts is available to you.

Hope this does assist you.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

6. Re: Bahia Esmeralda Food Questions

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,103 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Esmeralda Food Questions

Anna B,

The "Boy Scouts" location you mentioned at the Esmeralda resort is definitely where the resort has the kids club activities as mentioned in the above link noted in post #2.

It was added in to the Esmeralda resort during the past construction phase when the expansion of room building #93 was completed in December 2013.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahia Esmeralda Food Questions

Brooklin, you are awesome!!!

Pleidelsheim...
Level Contributor
38 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahia Esmeralda Food Questions

Hi,

we just got back from Esmeralda last sunday.

Lunchtime actually starts at 12p.m., sometimes even a bit earlier in the arrecife "snack bar" at the beach - it is actually a full lunch buffet.

In Jazmin and Geranios lunch starts at 1 p.m.

>> For breakfast, do they serve hot oatmeal, fried eggs/omelette,

Yes

>>yogurt (ideally looking for unflavored full fat kind for my child, but don't know if that's available).

They do have yogurt - but my wife allways took the flavored, low-fat kind. So don't really know if they have your preferred.

>>What are typical options for lunch? As I understand you can have lunch in an AC restaurant or open-air >>restaurant (which I hope gets some ocean breeze and ocean views? :))

Arrecife is open-air and has some ocean view through those palms and pallapas. It is just behind that area so about 100m from the ocean.

They have a wide variety of food options. But it is basically the same everywhere and everytime. Just a couple of small variations each time:

"kids menue" consists of fried chicken, fried fish, fried pork and french fries - I wouldn't want my children eating that all the time b.t.w.

Then at arrecife you can make your Tacos: they have a good guacamole and other sauces to choose from and either ground beef or chicken (one day beef, other day chicken).

Theres a grill station where you allways get beef or pork, hamburger patties, and most of the time some fish and sometimes paella.

Vegetables vary from day to day, but allways a good variety and decent quality.

Salad buffet and desert buffet also offers a good selection.

They also allways have Pizza.

You won't be leaving hungry, even if you don't like most of it, you'll find something you can eat ;-)

We found the Jazmin or Geranios to be better quality for lunch. Offering basically the same - but hamburgers are thicker and juicier and overall meat and fish weren't as dry as in arrecife.

> Best place for fresh grilled fish?

In another hotel! *lol*

No really, fish was very disappointing and alwas dry. Except when you tell the guy at the grill exactly how to grill your fish ("turn over now", "now take off"....)

> Do all restaurants allow kids for dinner? Is "gourmet" adults-only?

Except for ambar and the "gourmet" is at ambar - but it's actually not really gourmet anyway ;-)

> Do you think chef could make something not on the menu for a child? I'm not sure they have kids menus.

All "a la carte" Restaurants also have a buffet for "starters" which is basicelly the same as the normal buffet in the buffet-restaurants. Only difference is that you get the stuff from the grill-station served at your table.

So there shouldn't be any problem with kids.

> We are big fruit eaters and would love to eat fresh fruit (pineapple, mango, papaya, etc).

I can just speak about may. But we really got good fruit quality. Mainly fresh pineapple, papaya, melons, maracuja.

> Sorry so many questions. Food is high on our list!

It's a great resort! We loved it! But we were a bit disappointed about the food. Well we didn't expect too much in first place so it was ok after all. In week 2 I just ate a pancake for breakfast, a burger for lunch and a bit of beef with some vegetables for dinner.

The food I eat everyday at home is definately much higher quality and better prepared than at esmeralda.

Yeah, you get what you pay for! And we would really pay 50USD more per day an person to get better food!

Hope that helps a little

greets mat

Poland
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bahia Esmeralda Food Questions

Thank you John - this is what I suspected as a new 'addition' after recent construction.

Thanks Matze B for detailed food report. I am sorry to read that the food is not very good :(. Do you remember if the kids menu is served in a kids-sized buffet - I mean a low one, that children can easily access ?

Regards, Anna