We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from the Royalton. Any Questions?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from the Royalton. Any Questions?

Just returned from a week at this wonderful resort. Rooms, pool, beach, food and drinks were wonderful as was the staff. Will answer any questions if I an for any future travellers.

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from the Royalton. Any Questions?

Hi did you get the Diamond Club, and how much? Thanks

New Jersey
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from the Royalton. Any Questions?

We paid for the Adults only and you are automatically in Diamond Club. Adults only cost us $200 extra. We liked the quiet of the adults only pool. Actually it was better than the Diamond Club beach area which had bali beds right on top of each other which i did not like. There is plenty of room on the beach without paying for "private beach area" The butler serice was not something i would have paid extra for, it just came with the diamond club. He made reservations for dinner one night for us at the Teppanyaki restaurant and checked on us every day to see if we needed anything.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from the Royalton. Any Questions?

I see from a previous post that you've stayed at Majestic Coloinal and Gran Bahia Ambar, I've also stayed at these and got a trip to Royalton planned for Sept. How did the Royalton stand up to these two?

Thanks

Cat ~x~

Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
307 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from the Royalton. Any Questions?

Do you know if the beach bar is open at night. If so is it only diamond beach bar? Or others? What time do they close?

Is there a coffee shop on Royalton side or is it in Memories part

Did you book luxury double room category or adult room category . I think USA guests get more options to choose.

Or . Did you upgrade on arrival ?

We have booked lUXURY DOUBLE ROOM without partial or sea view. There s a debate here in UK as to whether this gives us automatic right to adults only block, A O pool and Diamond club extras. No one is sure. Some think it does, I'm not so sure. Would love to hear from anyone in UK who has booked this category and has returned.

Thankyou

Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
307 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from the Royalton. Any Questions?

Do you know if the beach bar is open at night. If so is it only diamond beach bar? Or others? What time do they close?

Is there a coffee shop on Royalton side or is it in Memories part

Did you book luxury double room category or adult room category . I think USA guests get more options to choose.

Or . Did you upgrade on arrival ?

We have booked lUXURY DOUBLE ROOM without partial or sea view. There s a debate here in UK as to whether this gives us automatic right to adults only block, A O pool and Diamond club extras. No one is sure. Some think it does, I'm not so sure. Would love to hear from anyone in UK who has booked this category and has returned.

Thankyou

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
203 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from the Royalton. Any Questions?

What's the shade availability like for non diamond club on the beach?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from the Royalton. Any Questions?

Getawaypeople We enjoyed the Royalton every bit as much as the Colonial and the Ambar. The food was even a little bit better.Lots of shrimp, crab claws, steaks were delicious and these were items on the buffet. The Mediterrean restaurant had a special lunch for Royalton guests one afternoon, bowls full of seafood, lobsters, shrimp, clams mussels etc. At the buffet there was chicken, shrimp, lamb chops, pork chops, salmon, grouper which they cooked to your specification. you will enjoy your stay.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from the Royalton. Any Questions?

WendySeaHorse

There is a beach bar that is open late. Never went to it though. We stayed mostly at the lobby bar or the martini bar. There is a coffee shop on the Royalton side. It ha coffee, capucinos and other coffee bar treats. Also little pastries

We booked Luxury Adults Only and were automatically given. Diamond Club. We met a couple from Scotland who received Diamond Club with their adults only booking. I believe your booking has to say adults only to get the booking

New Jersey
Level Contributor
311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from the Royalton. Any Questions?

BeckyM90 There were alot of palapas on the beach at least the one day we spent on the beach. Loads of chairs, but I don't know what the hotels capacity was at that time. We enjoyed relaxing on the bali beds around the adults only pool over the beach. Not alot of shade trees to hide under.

Ottawa, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from the Royalton. Any Questions?

My wife and I are going this January to the Royalton for a wedding and we are trying to pick out our room right now. We like the adults only (as we have no kids) and also like the Diamond Club upgrade. The one thing I have read is whether it is worth the extra money to stay in the Adults Only section if all you get is the additional use of one pool.

Any thoughts?