We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This thread is for the Ladies - Your Island Wear

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
725 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
This thread is for the Ladies - Your Island Wear

Hello Ladies,

I thought this would be a good thread to share our Island wear! I am definitely one who likes to shop for new clothes when I travel to an island, but I try not to overdue it! and I shop for bargains. One of the items I really like to wear is maxi dresses, long and short, swimsuit coverups, and colorful flip flop! Ross is my favorite discount store for all of it!

My husband thinks I am crazy, but I have what I call my morning clothes, afternoon wear and evening wear. But its nothing more than short dresses, long dresses and beachwear, but going to an island puts me in that mood.

What's in your island wardrobe?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This thread is for the Ladies - Your Island Wear

Sarongs, swimsuits, flip flops for day. Sundresses/ Maxi dresses for evening. We do condo not AI so don't have to " dress" for dinner...And because we go Jan/ Feb I can shop all the end of summer sales here for bargains.

Edited: 21 May 2014, 04:22
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
190 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This thread is for the Ladies - Your Island Wear

I am planning on wearing mostly skirts, long and short, with mix and match shirts. I have several cover-ups and at least 2 swimsuits. I think I will bring at least 1 pair of wedge heels in case I feel like dressing up a little.

uk
Level Contributor
485 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This thread is for the Ladies - Your Island Wear

I love choosing holiday clothes, I have some lovely brightly coloured cover ups that have been with me to many lovely places, I like to wear dresses long or short in the evening and dress them up with glitzy costume jewellery, I just feel more confident whilst on holiday especially with a tan, oh and not to forget my straw hat.

Happy holidays,

Karen.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: This thread is for the Ladies - Your Island Wear

Maxi dresses and beach cover ups for me, oh and lots of flip flops....I have a flip flop obsession :)

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
185 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This thread is for the Ladies - Your Island Wear

I have to mimic the other posts - maxi dresses, cover ups, bathing suits. I'll bring flip flops and wedges - everything has to coordinate. I love shopping for my resort clothes at Boston Proper (online store). Clothes are just gorgeous!!!

Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
307 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: This thread is for the Ladies - Your Island Wear

Yes my favourite shopping is holiday shopping. I try not to start too early but cannot help it. I have a wardrobe of holiday floaty dresses and clothes that hardly get worn really apart from when Im abroad. I add to these each holiday! I wear maxi dresses at night with occasionally linen trouser and nice halter neck top.. Always dress up, do not like the "clean pair of shorts and T-shirt will do" in the evening brigade - sorry!

daytime, 4 or 5 bikinis swimwear. Sarong type beach wraps dresses.

pretty flip flops and 4 or 5 different colours flat sandals for evening.

Lots of accessories, need extra case just for these and all the toiletries/make up. We have added extra 10kgs luggage for our Royalton holiday so I can have my case of goodies!

I know for some people dressing down and chilling out in casual clothes is part of their holiday experience, for me its the opposite. Every night is a night out! Hubby likes to wear nice clothes too - but he has to double check his case to see if I have sneaked in anything extra of mine!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
725 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: This thread is for the Ladies - Your Island Wear

Thanks for the comments ladies. I see we like maxi dresses. Its funny because I will not wear them at home but I like wearing them on vacations. They just seem to fit the ocassion.

I love my colorful flip flops too especially the wedge. For this trip I will probably pack 2 pr of Capris for when we go off the resort for tours.

Edited: 21 May 2014, 13:08
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
190 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: This thread is for the Ladies - Your Island Wear

My husband asked me if I should buy 2 of everything for the trip, since he knows I will be wearing the "vacation" clothes this summer before we go in Sept. I did on a couple of really cute things.

Living in Vegas, I wear long and short dresses and skirts with flip flops all summer. We have a pool so swim suits and a cover up are my weekend clothes.

I think I will l get a pair of capris also in case we go horseback riding or other excursions.

For the airplane i have a really comfy maxi skirt , t-shirt and TOMs ..

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: This thread is for the Ladies - Your Island Wear

Ok I can't believe i'm admitting this but EVERY SINGLE THING I'm wearing is new. Undergarments to shoes to toiletries. I mean everything. I leave next Friday for my 2nd honeymoon while celebrating my 20th wedding anniversary. I justify it because my 3 sons come first all the time. As with a lot of couples, we've had our ups and downs and we deserve this vacation. That being said, i have all the things previously mentioned as well as some nice nighties and a couple of surprises for my husband. My best friend had some great advice--"Go big or go home" Guess what? I'm not going home!! We wives and husbands deserve these vacations so make the best of it by looking gorgeous for our spouses!

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: This thread is for the Ladies - Your Island Wear

Everything I wear on vacation is always brand new, undergarments included like Winniesmom :) Shopping is part of the vacation experience for me! My usual wardrobe consists of jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts and tennis shoes but I like to look nice whenever I finally get the chance to go on vacation. Suitcase is usually full of maxi dresses, capris, shorts, skirts, tank tops, sandals, flip flops, swimsuits with a couple sarongs plus at least two semi-formal dresses and shoes for dinner. I actually like dressing for dinner. I'll be getting a lot of my stuff from here: www.hautelook.com Its a Nordstrom company, great deals