We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time All Inclusive - Royalton

2 posts
Save Topic
First Time All Inclusive - Royalton

My girlfriend and I are booking the Royalton for 10 nights in December, this is going to be the first all inclusive holiday either of us will have been on so we'd like to get a better idea of what to expect we might have to pay any surcharge for there.

We know that most imported alcohol will cost extra for example but do things like pastries at the coffee shop?

I've also been told there's a limit to how many of the a la carte restaurants you can go to for dinner per week, is that true? Also is the dress code for these shirt and smart trousers?

Any recommendations for excursions? She's afraid of heights so that rules anything like that out but I've read a bit about safaris and speedboat rides to little islands which interest us and I'd love to do anything like visiting a rum factory or rum tasting.

Thanks and any tips that could be handy will be much appreciated.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
647 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time All Inclusive - Royalton

Everything at the coffee shop is included. The only other thing you would have to pay for (that I can think of) is if you order a bottle of wine off the wine list in the a la cartes. If you just drink the house wine it's included.There is no limit to the a la carte visits. They do recommend long pants for men for dinner, but dressy shorts (longer length) were allowable when I was there in March. The most recommended tours are through Punta Cana Mike. He was booked up for my trip so I chose the Outback Safari. It was a half day tour (they do a longer option as well). It was fun and very educational. Learned a lot about the island, culture, etc. Went to a family farm to see how coffee, cocoa, coconut oil, and sugar cane grow and are processed. We got to sample all of these things and we had a tour of the family's home. We ended the trip with a visit to Macao beach for boogie boarding. The whole trip was a lot of fun, I would definitely recommend a trip of this type. Note that you will get a drink or 2 of rum if you want it, but this is by no means a "party" excursion.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time All Inclusive - Royalton

Wine off the wine list is not included (house wine is included) - everything else - all meals and alcohol and snacks/coffee/iceceam....included. The spa is not included.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time All Inclusive - Royalton

Thank you both! Much appreciated.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,198 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time All Inclusive - Royalton

Punta Cana Mike's tours book up quickly, highly recommended...

m.puntacanamike.com/site/mobile…

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time All Inclusive - Royalton

Premium spirits are included and cava you just have to ask for them by name eg gordons gin and tonic

Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time All Inclusive - Royalton

Hi there,

They have branded drinks at no extra charge: absolute, eristoff, Jim beam, chivas regal, to name a few.

Apart from buffet, all other restaurants are ala carte and you can go to any of them as many times as you like.

We are here now and loving it, we've booked a boat trip next week to saona island. This involves a boat trip with snorkelling, lunch on the island then onto a catamaran for 2hrs before catching boat back.

Hope this helps!

7. Re: First Time All Inclusive - Royalton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:15