We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about the melia

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cortland, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Questions about the melia

Hi! A friend and I are planning on booking a trip to punta Cana sometime next year. We are in the midst of research and are interested in the melia but have a few questions.

1. What is the difference between the "level adults" and "the level"?

2. What would you say is the price difference between the standard part of the resort, the level and the levels adults only sections ?

3. Is the standard part of the result still all inclusive or do you need to be part of the level to be all inclusive?

4. What's included with the all inclusive packages?

5. Any pros/cons you have?

6. Do you think this resort is suitable for two single girls in their 20s?

Thanks for your help!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about the melia

The Melia is a fine resort known to be very family friendly, so in looking at your age demographic, thinking perhaps you might be looking for a more lively place such as one of the Bahai Principe's or Grand Palladium's.

Edited: 25 May 2014, 15:01
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about the melia

I haven't been, but here is what i know from my research :

You can book level as adults only, or as a family. As adults, you would get the AO rooms if you book the level. For adults you will be in buildings 24-36. Families are in different buildings.

Price will delpend on time of year.

Whole place is AI, drinks, food entertInment.

I think it is suitable....but it maybe quiet if you are looking for a party you may want an adults only spot.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,931 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about the melia

The Level adults only is by the beach. The family one is far from the beach, near the lobby. Adults only has its own exclusive restaurant. The family version has its own. In both cases, things like the safe, room service, etc. are included. Not so with non Level rooms. Restaurants are included except the Steak and Lobster restaurant, and the teppanyaki.

Mark

knox
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about the melia

I'm 50 & I was bored there. The entertainment was poor. All I saw was aerobics , cigar and hat making during the day. The nightly shows were not worth my time. There was a group that sang live and they were not at all lively.

Also the drinks were terrible.

It is a lovely property if one just wants to relax but no entertainment.

knox
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about the melia

I'm 50 & I was bored there. The entertainment was poor. All I saw was aerobics , cigar and hat making during the day. The nightly shows were not worth my time. There was a group that sang live and they were not at all lively.

Also the drinks were terrible.

It is a lovely property if one just wants to relax but no entertainment.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,931 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about the melia

Wow, I've had lots of fun there, and I know a bunch of mid-20s girls who went there and had a blast.

Mark

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about the melia

I am in my 20s and went with a group of 20-somethings and had a great time.

8. Re: Questions about the melia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 05:16