We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transfer company

Central NJ
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Private transfer company

Hi,

I will be staying at Dreams La Romana in August. I know that I want to take a private transfer service for my husband and I, any ones better than others? Any ones to avoid? Thanks!

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,166 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private transfer company

mm10143,

There are no shortage of reliable taxi's outside the airport as you exit the terminal. Just look for the drivers in the pink or beige shirts - Beron Taxi (beige shirts) and Siutratural (pink shirts) - their company names are always on the windows of their vehicles.

I would recommend a private driver named Franklin Rijio, who works for the largest taxi company in Punta Cana - very reliable - if schedules conflict, he will easily arrange an alternative driver for you - very knowledgeable. Fluent in English, Spanish, French & some German. His rates are the same as those listed at the airport.

His direct number is 809.710.2708 and his email address is:

Franklinrijo1966@gmail.com

If you wish to have a few “cold ones” on your way to the resort, just mention this to Franklin and he will arrange this for you.

I hope this does assist you.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Shrewsbury...
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Private transfer company

I have been to punta cana several times and have taken private transfers, group transfers and have taken taxis. From my experience taxis are the way to go. After customs, you cna be ina taxi within minutes, and they arrive within 5 minutes when you are trying to leave.

Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private transfer company

We used Caribbean dream transfers. They were waiting at the airport with my name on a sign.. I think we might have been in the airport for 10 minutes maybe after getting off the plane. They were also very prompt from picking us up from the hotel after song taking us back to the airport. Very efficient and very professional. I highly recommend them.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private transfer company

Taxi all the way, easy, hassle free, no prearrangements necessary, no prepayment necessary, no need to look for a driver/sign with your name, they are just there at the moment you arrive an dthey are erady to go at the moment you are ready. and no need for reconfirmation of your transfer back to the airport afterwards, as they are at airport and all hotels available readily 24/7. ooh, in case your flight comes in earlier than sheduled, they will be there, and of course in case of a flight delay, too.

the only reason to take a private transfer would be a very significantly lower transfer rate. just for 10 bucks per person per ride safed, why to take the risk of extras/hassles/possible inconveniences?

have fun

Mike

5. Re: Private transfer company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 05:15