We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private beach dinner at Majestic Colonial?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Private beach dinner at Majestic Colonial?

I have been to other AI's that offered a private beach dinner (for an extra fee). Does Majestic Colonial offer this service? If so, what is the cost? We would like a private beach dinner for our group of 12.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private beach dinner at Majestic Colonial?

They offer it, but I have only seen it for couples, and that price is $80-100 (i think) 4 course meal (and was worth every penny) We stayed at the ME next door, but this option is the same at both Majestics.

If you speak to the concierge, or email them in advance, they may be able to work out something for you.

It is not exactly what you want, but you can easily arrange a table for 12 at La Hispaniola, the steak and seafood restaurant that is a couple feet off the sand. So I would try for that if they can't arrange exactly what you are looking for.

Edited: 28 May 2014, 16:12
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private beach dinner at Majestic Colonial?

Thanks. I did email the resort 1-2 weeks ago but never got a reply. I guess I will have to find out when we get there if they can accommodate 12 people.

Elkhart, Indiana
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Private beach dinner at Majestic Colonial?

It is $100 per couple. We've done it a couple of times, and it is definitely something to do. Here is the menu, you just choose an option.

Option 1

• Coconut Shrimps Cocktail Coconut Shrimps Cocktail

• Mahi Mahi skinnd with banana plantain Mahi skinnd with banana plantain Mahi skinnd with banana plantain

• Rock Lobster Rock Lobster Medallions Medallions Medallions

• Majestic Pineapple Majestic Pineapple

Option 2

• Roses of marinated salmon with pesto sauce & crocantis

• Deep fried Deep fried tempura shrimps skeered tempura shrimps skeered tempura shrimps skeered flavoured with ginger & flavoured with ginger &

cilantro cilantro

• Chateubriand with maxim potatoes and béarnaise sauce

• Fondant chocolate and passion fruit coulis Fondant chocolate and passion fruit coulis

Option 3

• Cesar salad with rock lobster Cesar salad with rock lobster

• Baked grouper in papillote sweet & sour tomato Baked grouper in papillote sweet & sour tomato

• Surf & Turf ( rock lobster & Sirloin steak) with se Surf & Turf ( rock lobster & Sirloin steak) with seasonal

garnishes garnishes

Alaska sweet

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private beach dinner at Majestic Colonial?

Great Post MattM!

At ME, there wasnt a menu, that i saw anyway, it was whatever the chef felt like cooking, which worked out great.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private beach dinner at Majestic Colonial?

Thanks @MattM825!

6. Re: Private beach dinner at Majestic Colonial?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:15