We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When do you email your room request?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
When do you email your room request?

I was thinking of emailing our room request one week prior to our arrival. But do you think it would just get set aside (and potentially misplaced) until they assign the rooms, which is what, probably 2 days in advance?

Maybe sending it 3 days in advance is best? (maybe I'm over-thinking this!)

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When do you email your room request?

You want to aim for 2 weeks in advance, but some people do 3 weeks. It depends on the complexity of your request

The resorts don't usually even know you are coming until about 2 weeks out, when the booking companies send them the info.

Resorts do their best, but it is just a request and you will probably get a reply that will say that they will do what they can, but no guarantess.

Edited: 28 May 2014, 15:40
Plainville...
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When do you email your room request?

We recently went in a group of 4 couples and my wife emailed the resort about 10 days out, requesting us to all be in the same building. She got back the standard response (we'll do our best, no guarantees, blah blah blah), but we were all in the same building. This was at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,425 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When do you email your room request?

Unless it was an in-house reservation or a large group booking like a destination wedding, the resorts only get your arrival folio information from the tour operators 10 days prior to your arrival, and begin room assignments and documents 7 days prior. If you email them too early, your requests typically get misplaced.

Be sure to include your tour operator's name, booking number, and arrival date in your email to them!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
368 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When do you email your room request?

Davegr1978

Can i please get the email address that you sent your request to? We are staying there and I wanna make sure i have the right contact. Thanks so much!

5. Re: When do you email your room request?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 06:17