We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a chill pool whilst at the amber

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
york
Level Contributor
416 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a chill pool whilst at the amber

I like to see people enjoy themselves,but also I like when it gets too much,the thought of being around the pool,but being able to enjoy the quite .lots of reviews mention from time to time ,it can get too much,so perhaps I need to know where to move onto ,so they can enjoy themselves,and I can enjoy myself.which pool can I move too which might be quieter please.yorkbabe

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a chill pool whilst at the amber

It's been a few years since my visit to the Ambar, but when I went there was only one pool there. There is an adults-only pool at the Esmeralda and I think you're allowed to use it but hopefully Brooklin or Big Jim who are both very knowledgable about the Bahia will confirm. For what it's worth, on our first visit to the Ambar, the pool was extremely quiet and then the second time it was a bit more lively - obviously will depend on the guests there at the time.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,604 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a chill pool whilst at the amber

Currently, the Ambar has only the one main pool. There is a smaller adult only pool at the Esmeralda that you can access, but depending upon guest demographics, is not always a quiet area!

york
Level Contributor
416 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a chill pool whilst at the amber

Thankyou ,for your reply,yes I agree it will depend on the day,and hopefully everyone will get along fine I'm sure,I really enjoy people watching that makes my holiday,i would like to know that if I'm not in the mood to listen to them having a good time,I have the choice to go somewhere else ,rather than let it spoil my day.thanks for taking time for me.yorkbabe

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
420 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a chill pool whilst at the amber

Good question: move over to the beach ?!

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a chill pool whilst at the amber

Although not in either the Ambar or Esmeralda you might want to consider visiting one of the two pools in the middle of the Bavaro/Punta Cana sections.

Below is the resort map you will see the two pools in the middle on each side of Av Espana

resortsmaps.com/popup.html…

These two pools tend to be pretty quiet and it's rare that the animation team even goes there as they hold the activities at the big main pool by the beach.

Due take note that since these pools are in the regular Bavaro/Punta Cana section only domestic brand drinks are served there but one or the other should suffice when you want that piece and quiet.

Safe travels!

york
Level Contributor
416 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a chill pool whilst at the amber

Thanks to you all.yorkbabe

UK
Level Contributor
187 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a chill pool whilst at the amber

Hi

We were there recently and in the afternoon the pool is not a chill area, music gets cranked up and lots of people at pool bar all trying to be centre of attention and you can hear all details of their conversations as they try to better each other. Lol

If you want peace and to chill move to beach area we were there for 10 days and could only manage 2 by the pool the rest of the time at beach was heaven :)

Have a great holiday

P

UK
Level Contributor
880 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a chill pool whilst at the amber

The world is full of those people who think they are the only ones on holiday and want to be the centre of attention.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
543 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there a chill pool whilst at the amber

Hey York babe

I found the pool at the esmeralda to be quieter than the ambar pool when we were there. Both lovely pools just a bit different atmosphere. The esmeralda had its main pool then a little back there was an adults only pool that was shaped like a clover leaf/shamrock and was 3 spa poos surrounded by cabanas. Found it nice and relaxing there. Between all the pools and beach though there's plenty to choose from

happy holidays :)

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,025 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there a chill pool whilst at the amber

Yorkbabe,

As poster Bigjim has mentioned - the smaller pools half way into the resort as shown on Bigjims map are both available to you - if you need them, and as mentioned - it all depends on the crowd at the Ambar at the time.

The adult only jacuzzi pool, located at the Esmeralda is very nice and is surrounded by 9 cabanas for further privacy - you can certainly make use of that pool as well.

As poster Rachel L has mentioned - you will have lots to choose from.

Have a wonderful time in Punta Cana.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)