We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a driver & private tour guide while in PC

Gettysburg...
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a driver & private tour guide while in PC

Will be married 10 years end of June and going back to PC. I am going to be in PC from June 25th until July 5th and I am looking for a private driver who can take my wife and I to some spots. I want to see the local area and the Dominican way of life. Do you know someone who is willing to earn US dollars? If you can help me out PLEASE contact me or reply to the forum.

Also any tips on places to see near PC would be great. Thanks

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a driver & private tour guide while in PC

Courtesy of Destination Expert Brooklin Bubba King John

"Franklin Rijio. Franklin works for the largest taxi company in Punta Cana - very reliable - if schedules conflict, he will easily arrange an alternative driver for you - very knowledgeable. Fluent in English, Spanish, French & some German.

His direct number is 1.809.710.2708 and his email address is:

Franklinrijo1966@gmail.com"

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a driver & private tour guide while in PC

Not a personal driver by any means, but you might be interested in booking an excursion with the guy who knows all about what you seem to be looking for. Punta Cana Mike is only available via his site and he books crazy fast, don't know what he has planned for June/ July but you should take a look:

http://www.puntacanamike.com/tours

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147293-d1…

Edited: 31 May 2014, 21:44
Gettysburg...
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a driver & private tour guide while in PC

Bigjim. I will contact and see what he can do for me., anyone else with info please leave it

as for PC mike I have been emailing back and forth I am just waiting on a confirmation that I am booked. I wanna see more then mike has to over but will enjoy the trip we take with him. I hope.....

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a driver & private tour guide while in PC

have you considered other areas of Dominican for what you seek?

Boston
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a driver & private tour guide while in PC

Hi check out www.mydominicantransfers.com. They are good and their rates are reasonable as well. They will get you a good deal on exursions for a day or a private driver as well. Have used them may times and love their service!

Gettysburg...
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a driver & private tour guide while in PC

bigjim I would love to see Santo Domingo if I could. Can you give me any tips on places to see?

Leeds
Level Contributor
61 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a driver & private tour guide while in PC

Did you use Franklin? can you recommend, thinking of going to PC in Feb next year

thanks

8. Re: Looking for a driver & private tour guide while in PC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 05:15