We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel buddy from the NYC area

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travel buddy from the NYC area

I'm looking to go to punta Cana. But my friends never go when I want to. So if anyone in same situation let me know. We don't necessarily gotta share a room but I hate flying alone and wouldn't mind knowing someone .

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel buddy from the NYC area

I'm almost in the same situation. My friends were either wishy washy about going or didn't have the funds together so I said screw it I'll go solo. Would never have thought to look for a travel buddy on TA but that might be something to consider in the future. Too bad we aren't in the same area. Good luck :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel buddy from the NYC area

Ha ha ha. For real. So tired of wishy washy friends. I hope trying to find a travel buddy won't get me killed, lol. But I have meet people Online b4. It's no big deal for me. But We not even on the same coast. Damn!!!!. But PM me. Never know. Let's stay in touch.

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel buddy from the NYC area

PM sent!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel buddy from the NYC area

Me!!!!! Even tho Im headed three in two weeks with my madre. But im all for going with someone for future visits

Hudson, Canada
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel buddy from the NYC area

Our daughter's friends cancelled at the last minute before a trip to Croatia, she ended up booking an all inclusive trip on a sail boat along the Dalmation Coast in Croatia and had an amazing time, a lot of young people.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel buddy from the NYC area

I have meet more and more people who are traveling alone. Like me tired of trying to work around others schedules. Thanks for the infor

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel buddy from the NYC area

I definitely can relate to your situation. I am in Las Vegas and it gets harder and harder to find someone to go with me. I use to connect through Miami but lately have connected in NY. I have a trip planned leaving here the 5th for 6 days. Travel partner backed out at the last minute, Friday to be exact. I am thinking of cancelling and going at a later date. I am probably going to have to come to terms with travelling alone, can't really find anyone who is dependable and reliable enough to make the trip.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel buddy from the NYC area

I was gonna change my trip too, back in feb, when my travel buddy backed out, but then I realized if I wait, I'll probably have the same situation, waiting around until I find someone to come with me. I say just go. U probably will get a little bored but once u get settled into a routine u will be fine. That's how I was. Wish I could come. But keep me in mind if u go again.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel buddy from the NYC area

I shoulda also said my schedule follows that of NYC public schools. so off all July and Aug, off a week in December, a week in February and a week in april for spring break. so it be nice to find someone with a similar schedule. I really wanna go in december but I know I need to book soon. cause prices will only go higher and higher. but if not december, February sounds like a good time to plan a trip.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
78 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel buddy from the NYC area

Where are you looking to stay in feb?