We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I be worried about overbooking at Majestic Elegance?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Duncans Mills...
Level Contributor
27 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Should I be worried about overbooking at Majestic Elegance?

I just booked my 50th birthday trip for December 1-8 2014 at the ME in the club section. I found the best deal booking my flight and room separate and I tried to book the room through what I thought was the resort itself. The lady on the phone said they had no swim up rooms? Of course I have seen them and seen your posts and know they exist. I ended up booking an Elegance jr. swim up through vacation store Miami. They showed the room I wanted but I am worried the overbooking thing will happen. Their website looked like they were affiliated with the Majestic, but now I am not sure. sooo....has anyone used vacation store Miami? How likely am I to get the room I paid for? and finally, what building do you recommend for less traffic in the Elegance club? This is the biggest thing I have ever done and my husband and I are very excited. Thanks so much for your help!

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I be worried about overbooking at Majestic Elegance?

Hi Mreneeh

They definitly having swimup room. Don't know about the miami store, I'm in Québec, Canada. May be if you call the resort directly you can check your reservation. Pepole at the reception speak English very well.

For us Bloc 5 is a good place close of the beach, restaurents. main looby

I don't think at the moment we are, your to late and you will have a room.

Hope this help a little bit. Have a wonderful 50th and enjoye the majestic expérience this is the best I had in my life. we are returning in January! :)

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I be worried about overbooking at Majestic Elegance?

a sales site named Miami vcation store i would guess is a sales site like all the others out there on the net, to book with a hotel directly you would contact the hotel via their own website.

your travel dates december 1st-8th are located in the lowest travel time frame of the year, i can not imagine any resort to be overbooked early december.

as others stated above, to assure that your reservation is done and with the hotel directly, call the Hotel on their tall free numbers shown on the Hotel's website, you get english speakin service there, but most likely you will hear that that miami Sales Site is not something of the Majestic Resort Chain, so that far ahead of time the hotel will not have your booking in their sheets, yet.

Mike

illinois
Level Contributor
354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I be worried about overbooking at Majestic Elegance?

I found an old forum on the same question you are asking. Not sure if this would help. If you got an Elegance club room, that's all you really need. The reason we did not book swim up is because the rooms don't seem to be very private. Don't worry. Beginning of December is not very busy as we have been at ME first week of December before.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k48782…

Connecticut
Level Contributor
280 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I be worried about overbooking at Majestic Elegance?

mreneeh, you might want to email the Elegance just to have them at least verify that they did get you booking information. You will love this resort.

Line L, we totally agree - our many Majestic vacations have been some of our best ever.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should I be worried about overbooking at Majestic Elegance?

What makes me leary of Miami Vacation Store is the fact that they create websites that make it appear to be the resort itself. In this case, it's MajesticElegancePuntaCana.com. You do a Google search for Majestic Elegance, you see that, and think it's the resort's website. I suppose it's just a clever marketing ploy, but it gives me pause.

Mark

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Should I be worried about overbooking at Majestic Elegance?

that's right, Mark.

some name it a clever marketing thingy, i see such more as a misleading of customers suggerating they are in touch with someone who is not at the other end of the communications line.

i am suspicious on copy cats.

Mike

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should I be worried about overbooking at Majestic Elegance?

I don't know about the Miami thing, but the use of the same name(roughly) for the site is marketing and frankly pretty horrible. I'm sure a lot of people think they are booking direct, so i get why they have the same name, its just not very nice of them.

Anyway, the Elegance Club (EC) jr. suite is the lowest category room in the club section so you will not get bumped from that category. We had a jr. suite or last visit and it was perfect... nothing Jr. about it, still pretty big. If you are looking for the quietest room, request the Ella building facing the vacant lot. Very quiet and a few of them have some oceanviews. Request 2nd floor or higher, as there is a service road back there that gets the occasional truck bringing supplies to the bar. If you don't care about being close to the beach, any of the EC jr's on the Ella side facing the vacant lot should be the quietest.

Feel free to msg me if you have any specific questions about the ME, glad to help.

Duncans Mills...
Level Contributor
27 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should I be worried about overbooking at Majestic Elegance?

Yes, my thought exactly! I had to read the url, then I could see they weren't the resort website. However the resort website did not show any swim ups in the elegance club at all for my time frame. That is what got confused and calling did not seem to help.

You guys are awesome and I have been following the threads for over a month now, so I am learning more from you folks than anywhere else. THANKS SO MUCH!

Could anyone post the official web address for the hotel? Can I check with them now about my reservation or should I wait 2 or 3 weeks before like I see you mention to others?

I am dreaming of the white sand and blue water already!

Michelle

Duncans Mills...
Level Contributor
27 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should I be worried about overbooking at Majestic Elegance?

Thanks so much, I am actually dreaming of the EC swim up. I booked the jr swim up, definitely wanting that one, but knowing they may upgrade me to the swim up with the outdoor Jacuzzi. I have seen some posts that say there is only one category of swim up on the EC side....have you found that to be the case?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Should I be worried about overbooking at Majestic Elegance?

mreneeh,

The actual Majestic website is: majestic-resorts.com/en/majestic-elegance-ho…

If you booked with another, they may not have your reservation yet, but it's worth checking.

Mark