We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non AI experiences?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
407 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Non AI experiences?

I'm an avid traveller looking to take my very sheltered BF on the most relaxing trip. I've chosen the DR for ease of travel and price. We are not ai people. I've found a few condos that may work, but I still have so much to learn!

We want a 2br2ba property on beach. Close to restaurants, shopping, etc. We'd prefer not to rent a car. And to spend less than $1200 a week for accomodations.

What area should I center our search on? I don't know where to start. Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks so much!

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Non AI experiences?

You will want something in El Cortecito / Bavaro area... here is a map that shows many things around that area..

puntacanatv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/P…

You can check out www.homeaway.com and www.vrbo.com

You can also try Maria & Todd Williams at http://www.reliable-realty-dr.com/

Also check the Playa Turquesa condos as many enjoy staying there and it's in a good location

Edited: 02 June 2014, 01:04
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non AI experiences?

Most of the condos are in the Los Corales , El Corteciito area.

For beachfront properties you would need to look at Playa Turquesa, Stanza Mare or Los Corales Villas or Costa Atlantica. Except for Costa they all have private beach area with lounge chairs.

Beach Residency is not beachfront but set back about 100 metres.We stay at Villa Mare which is between probably 50 metres from the beach.

All are within easy walking distance of several great restaurants, also 2 small supermarkets. larger markets are a short bus ride away. You would not need to rent a car.

Try VRBOcom, Homeaway.com or many other reputable agents with vacation rentals.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Non AI experiences?

If your open to other areas of Dominican you might want to look into Cabarete.... that place is the opposite of Punta Cana and is not mega resort after the other... more freedom to roam around and the beach is lined with nothing but bar/restaurant one after the other.. a completely different experience then PUJ

TA member "BobK" has a condo that he rents there (his wife and him reside 15 min away from it in Sosua) so there always near to assist you and very helpful.

Edited: 02 June 2014, 01:13
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Non AI experiences?

$1.200.- per week just for the rental should be sufficient or a great beachproperty.

above mentioned Todd and Maria are a good reliable place to go.

the best central located area for beach and restaurants/bars and shopping all nearby is El Cortecito/Los Corales.

Mike

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non AI experiences?

Check Flipkey and Homeaway. Having stayed in a Punta Cana condo (Stanza Mare) it is definitely relaxing, but the area is 100% touristy. Flights are usually $150-$200 to Punta Cana than other parts of the DR. I've been looking for a condo for next year today and found quite a few on both Flipkey and Homeaway in the Cabarete/Sousa area.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Non AI experiences?

yes, for flying into Puerto Plata on the northshores flights are usually significantly cheaper than flying into Punta Cana Intl. the same for St Domingo's Intl named Las Americas, usually well cheaper than PC Intl.

Cabarete/Sosua on the northshores are nice areas for Condo rentals, too.

that's right, 2happy2care, the El Cortecito Area contains Hotels and Condominiums, so of course it is a touristy area, catering towards foreign visitors and due that very convenient for the guests who want to rent a appartment/condominium for a couple weeks or couple months short stays without beeing within the defines of a all inclusive resort.

Mike

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Non AI experiences?

Like the info thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
112 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Non AI experiences?

The Cabarete/Sosua area is definitely an area you should check out then.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g317144-d182777…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g317144-d206764…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g317144-d588905…

Here are a few I've run into on my own search..

9. Re: Non AI experiences?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2015, 05:16