We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If a 13 and 16 yr old are charged as an adult

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
650 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
If a 13 and 16 yr old are charged as an adult

is it possible that they should be allowed in an adults only resorts? Curious on this! For example the MC has adjoining rooms in 1 building which they now made adults only. If my kids are being charged adult rates I imagine we could stay in these rooms. I emailed the hotel to see what they say but I was just curious what members here had to say. Thanks :-)

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If a 13 and 16 yr old are charged as an adult

All guests of a resort's adult-only section in Punta Cana must be age 18 or older. Period. That is the age minimum for that section regardless of the per diem rate being charged by the resort for your under age teens to stay in the family-friendly section.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
650 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If a 13 and 16 yr old are charged as an adult

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
650 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If a 13 and 16 yr old are charged as an adult

Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If a 13 and 16 yr old are charged as an adult

All the hotels are strict with the age requirement, 18+, at their adult only sections. Rightly so. Generally AO's cost more. People are paying extra for the privilege of being child/teen free for their vacations. Teens are charged the adult rate due to their food and drink consumption. What many folks don't understand is the mixers often cost as much or more than the liquor and teens do eat as much or more than many 18+.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
650 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If a 13 and 16 yr old are charged as an adult

well in my case it works against me :-( my girls eat like birds,lol!! I really wish there were discounted prices for them.It is what it is :-)

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: If a 13 and 16 yr old are charged as an adult

don't see it by the wordings "adults rates" and childs rates.

the hotels have their room rates per person, and for guests of certain ages downwards they give a Discount.

adults only resorts are by their own set rules for guests of certain ages upwards, which usually is 18 years old and up, and that age setting has nothing to do with children/youngsters discounts.

and then there is the age limit set by Law/not by a resort, and thats the legal drinking age which is 18 years in this country, so setting 18 years as the minimumage limit for adults only resorts is convenient as they do not need to give out different wristbands thendiffering their guests between the oines allowed to consume alcohol and the ones not allowed to do so, at a AO with 18 as the agelimit simply all guests are allowed to consume alcohol by DR Law.

Mike

7. Re: If a 13 and 16 yr old are charged as an adult

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 06:16