We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back :(

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Just back :(

Arrived back home yesterday after 2 lovely weeks at Grand Palladium Punta Cana and a lovely time we had. Read many negative reviews before we left but we had been there 5 years before and really didn't think it could be as bad as reported. Happy to say in our case we have nothing but good things to say and would have no hesitation in recommending this resort to family and friends.

Many improvements have been made since our last trip. We booked a promotional room with First Choice and yes we were allocated the older and un renovated rooms but we had no problem with this at all. Yes it's dated but the rooms were large, bright and spotless. Extremely comfy large bed, plenty clean towels every day with the obligatory towel art. The food was excellent and we had no trouble getting into the a la carte restaurants. We ate in the Steak house, Italian, Brazilian, Bamboo (favourite), Japanese, Mexican (bit disappointed as a bit bland for my taste) and lunch and dinner buffets and also the beach snack bar. Find it hard to believe with all the options available that people can still complain. Service round the pools was very good with staff on hand to provide drinks.

The grounds are immaculate and gardeners are working all the time to keep them that way.

I understand this is low season and therefore not as busy and appreciate that during high season things might be different but it's my impression that the management and staff of Grand Palladium do everything in their power to ensure you have a wonderful holiday.

It might be 5 years before we are back again but that is only because there are so many other places still to visit but if you are thinking of visiting DR I say go and stay at Grand Palladium, you will love it.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
721 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back :(

Thanks for the update. Glad u enjoyed your vacation. We are leaving July 4th. First to PC staying at Palladium bavaro suites. Glad to hear

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back :(

Was it Grand Palladium that charges a fee for the disco and drinks at the disco?

Perth, Scotland
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back :(

Sorry Kathryn don't know, my disco days are well behind me !

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
721 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back :(

How were the pools?

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back :(

Glad you had a great trip ! And Kathryn no there is no charge for the disco or drinks at the disco

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back :(

Glad you enjoyed it and like us found the promo rooms ok. We were in 61 block and handy for everywhere. Are they doing any reno's to the Punta Cana section yet?

Jackson, Michigan
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back :(

My husband and I are thinking of booking at the GP Punta Cana in a romance suite in Sept. Did you hear anything about those rooms and where they are located? We have stayed with GP in Jamaica and that was a nice resort.

8. Re: Just back :(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 05:19