We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live at Ambar!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Live at Ambar!

Finally made it! Landed yesterday afternoon at PUJ. I must say all of the valuable information from this forum made our transition through the airport faster. From touchdown to resort in a little under two hours. The staff at Ambar is amazing. So pleasant and willing to make your stay as memorable as they can. Leandro at the lobby bar introduced us to the Miami Vice. A favorite this far. He is an awesome bartender and I plan to visit him frequently during our stay. Ceasar at the front desk did everything possible to accommodate my room requests. Got building 67 and a second story room. Much more to come as our stay has just begun. Thanks to all of the forum posters who provided me with the pearls of wisdom for our trip!

Warm wishes from Punta Cana!

Jenna

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live at Ambar!

Try an "apasionado"... I asked for it with rum only/ no vodka, and fell in love with it, we still mention it.. In fact if you can squeeze the recipe out of Leandro? LOL... I enjoyed them daily around the pool and beach.

Have a great vacation!

UK
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live at Ambar!

We will be there on Tuesday and after a long flight would be willing to try any drink but We are very fond of bloody Mary's, do they have tomato or clamato juice?

Enjoy your holiday, maybe see you at the bar.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live at Ambar!

You betcha! Our friend had one every morning with breakfast!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live at Ambar!

Have a great vacation

UK
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live at Ambar!

Great way to start a day, liquid breakfast.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Live at Ambar!

I'm three in already this morning. Taprice, I've already had an "apasionado" great recommendation! I'll work on getting the ingredients. Schatz, I'm hoping we can share a drink together when you arrive. I've already had the opportunity to connect with a wonderful lady from Toronto and a couple if Russian origin that now reside in Brooklyn, NY. Hubby and I are hoping to make new friends from around the globe.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Brooklyn
Brooklyn
New York
york
Level Contributor
425 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live at Ambar!

Wow,sounds so good,I'm in my garden in the uk with a cup of coffee.

Nearly 3months before I get a chance to experience what you are drinking.

Let me know what's in these drinks,then if I think I might like them,I will put the list in my little book that I have ,which I put all the good tips from what people give out on here.

Enjoy every minute every moment,cos for years to come you will remember it all.

Schatzuk,enjoy your hols,from someone who lives in york.looking forword to reading your review.

Yorkbabe

Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live at Ambar!

can i ask is there many mosquitoes about at this time of year and do the resort fog on a daily basis?

thanks

UK
Level Contributor
227 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live at Ambar!

Hi... Regarding the wifi at the Ambar.. I know that you can get free wifi in the lobby for one consequetive hour a day... Any idea if you pay for the wifi for 1 week or whatever that you can get in your room and around the resort whether it is just for one of your devices or can you do it for a couple? i.e phone and iPad/iPod?

Thanks... We also arrive over there on Saturday... Stayed at the Esmeralda last year and we had Miami Vices then... Yes they were rather fit!

Jess..

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Live at Ambar!

@Jessfm

I'm sure the OP wants to enjoy her trip and not answer many questions so I will answer for you.

There is premium wifi you can purchase (faster speeds then the free wifi in lobby).... it's $49 for a week.. Only good for 1 device.

The premium wifi works through the entire complex.... beach, pool, bars, rooms, etc..