We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belgian and German Beers

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Belgian and German Beers

It's me again. I thought it would be better to ask this question under a separate heading. Do any of the adult resorts have Belgian or German beers available? If I can't get them at a resort, are they available somewhere in the area where I can get them?

Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,185 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belgian and German Beers

Hello Steve, Its been my experience at stores in Mexico & RD that the better beers have been on the shelf for quite a while and have been subjected to higher temps and are at a premium price. The local RD brew, Presidente, is a Pilsner style with some good qualities and not so good. But after 4 or 5 its all good. Brahma from Brazil is widely available. Some standard mass market european ones are available - Heineken, Stella, etc. and good bets.

BTW - I have a full batch of Belgian Ale homebrew bottled 4 weeks ago that will get busted out by me and the sons-in-law this weekend watching World Cup action!

Maryville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
85 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belgian and German Beers

Thanks for the heads up about the shelving. Homebrew sounds great. Hope you enjoy your batch. Needless to say Belgians are my favorites. I love Piraat and Goulden Draak as well as all the trappists and an occasional Sasion.

Thanks again

Steve

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,290 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belgian and German Beers

Brahma is not even good when it's free.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,832 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Belgian and German Beers

Cold Presidente is a very good Pilsner. Best taken with warm weather and feet in water.

5. Re: Belgian and German Beers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 05:17