We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro excursions suggestions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro excursions suggestions

Currently staying at the Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro. Any recommendations on excursions or "must Do's" based out of the hotel

thanks!!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro excursions suggestions

The our ops in the lobby offer many choices, did you speak with any to see what's a good fit for you. There are half days, full days, and sometimes free pick ups and drop offs to and from the local rum and cigar shoppe. We have a few times done them or a boat cruise. The guys in the shack on the beach offer other activities like snorkeling or parasailing, just check that they have insurance, I never booked through them.

Philadelphia...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro excursions suggestions

I stayed in Grand Bahia few weeks ago and I found great deals on a website runned by a nice and very kind guy called Claudio. His prices were much cheaper than those at the hotel desk for the same excursions and his service was just great. Check it out in case livingpuntacana.com/best-excursions

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro excursions suggestions

thanks! I am going to try him. did not feel like the value and price is there booking from the vendors at the hotel

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,998 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro excursions suggestions

stanclf,

The prices from the resort or the tour operators based at the resort are always higher than what can be found elsewhere such as direct with the outfitter.

There are many great tours available - from zip lining, to truly seeing the life style and meeting the people of the Dominican Republic through "Punta Cana Mikes Private Dominican Adventures" (a must in my opinion and one which not only cannot be booked through the resort but will provide you memories that will last a lifetime - only in advance through this site - http://www.puntacanamike.com/ , "Extreme Buggy" tours www.xtreme-buggy.com

Catamaran/Snorkeling/Sailing tours at "Marinarium Excursions" http://www.marinarium.com/ as well as a deep sea fishing charter through "Mikes Marina" Fishing Charter www.mikesmarina.info/ or via email at mikesmarinafishingcharters@gmail.com and cannot be booked through the resort - only through this site, the "Macao Surf Camp" for surfing macaosurfcamp@gmail.com ,

and Dr. Fish Ocean Spa for a unique spa experience www.oceanadventures-puntacana.com/

There is also the Catamaran - Teresa where groups can rent a catamaran for 4-6 hours – great for snorkeling and a real party atmosphere : catamarantourspuntacana.com/catamaran-teresa/

Many offer half and full day tours and all will arrange for you to be picked up at your resort and returned.

Hope this does assist you.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

5. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro excursions suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 22:38
Kansas City, Kansas
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro excursions suggestions

Terry I've seen on The website you mentioned some excursions are even cheaper than the price they are offered by the tour outfitters themselves... I was looking specifically at the zip line and horseback riding tour... can you confirm it's genuine? You know always scared to fall for some scam..

Philadelphia...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro excursions suggestions

I booked with him the Saona tour and the zip line excursion and everything was perfect. The same morning I booked online through his website the tour outfitter got in touch to confirm my reservation and pick up time. Email him...he usually answers within few minutes. Have a nice holiday!

Kansas City, Kansas
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro excursions suggestions

Thank you! I booked 2 different tours and the tour outfitters confirmed my reservation very quickly. Looking forward to have fun in paradise!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
152 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro excursions suggestions

Woow Terry thanks for the support and your present the last day we saw each other... I always try to do my best to let my customer happy and satisfied...sometimes I get it..sometimes no... yesterday the driver I work with had an accident early in the morning and we couldn't pick up the people to go to Saona.. and when a person on hols has to get up very early to discover later he/she did it uselessly you can image how can be frustrating for him/her and embarrassing for me to inform the customer... always ready to provide my service...see you next year if you and Sally feel the need of some sunshine :)

10. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro excursions suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:16