We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Club Restaurant at the Iberostar Grand?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
201 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Club Restaurant at the Iberostar Grand?

New Beach Club Restaurant at the Iberostar Grand? is this a seasonably open "restaurant" or a new standard option at the IBG? Any info would be welcomed! I believe this is their normal open air lunch buffet that may now be open for dinner. I saw references to it in a couple of resent reviews and was curious if its only open during certain times. Thanks in advance! Heading there for 10 days in a couple of months.

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
Iberostar Grand Hotel...
10,683 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Saint Helena...
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Club Restaurant at the Iberostar Grand?

Wow, I had the same question. It sounds like it is a separate restaurant which is for Condo owners, but is also available to hotel guests. It is not in any of their literature as an option, though. I'll be there for 8 nights also in a couple of months. I was at the IBGB in 2010 and can't picture in my mind where it is.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
201 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Club Restaurant at the Iberostar Grand?

Hello SyracuseGuy, I've been to IBG the last 5 years, love it there. Each year it gets a bit pricier, Oh well! Per our information, IBG sells their restaurant options to the condo owners for a hefty price, unless they created new restaurants in the last year, the only option I can think of is opening their ocean front buffet, open air restaurant at night. Some of their staff has commented that on occasion, when the hotel is at capacity is high is exactly what they do. I just wanted to know if this will be an option while I'm there starting 8/29/14. I know it won’t be air-conditioned, but it would be nice to have dinner "al fresco" at least on night, its warm and breezy, very manageable. We have gone there the same week each time and their occupancy has been at <50%, which we love, but it may mean that the open air option may be scrapped. Thanks for your reply!

Saint Helena...
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Club Restaurant at the Iberostar Grand?

Sunbutterfly,

Thanks for the info. We tend to travel to different locations but occasionally repeat places that we enjoyed. It's our wedding anniversary in September, so we decided to return to the IBGB. Maybe we'll see you there. September 5th - 14th. I'd love to try the new restaurant.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
201 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Club Restaurant at the Iberostar Grand?

That would be great. We are there 8/29 to 9/7, we love ALL their retaurant options, even the bufett, but we like to "dress up" albeit for "beach weather" and have even ventured down to their other (lower) level options and they were "OK", but typically we have stayed at the adults-only side and that works ok for us. We love the exclusivity and quiet.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Club Restaurant at the Iberostar Grand?

Hi there Sun, glad to hear you are returning to the best and nicest resort in Punta Cana. Enjoy your vacation.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
201 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Club Restaurant at the Iberostar Grand?

There is nothing better in PC in my opinion. Been to Mexico a few times, and other PC Adults only, this one beats them all for sure.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
87 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Club Restaurant at the Iberostar Grand?

Only speculation, but IBG Paraiso turned their lunchtime , beachside restaurant into a Mexican restaurant at night. Maybe Dominican?

8. Re: Beach Club Restaurant at the Iberostar Grand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 07:16