We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day before luggage drop parking @ Gatwick airport

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Day before luggage drop parking @ Gatwick airport

Hi

We are going to drop our luggage off on Thursday, the day before our flight with Thomson, my Husband has just seen on Gatwick Twitter that you can park in their long stay car park for two hours while you drop off your bags for free, you need to get the bus there and back apparently, just wondered if anyone has tried this? Don't want to do it and it doesn't work lol

Thanks in advance

Tracy

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day before luggage drop parking @ Gatwick airport

Yep the Long stay parking is free for 2hrs so you can literally walk into the terminal & do what you like, then come back & head off with no charge.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day before luggage drop parking @ Gatwick airport

Thank you zed4100 that's great news 😄

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day before luggage drop parking @ Gatwick airport

Good to know that Long Stay Parking is free for 2 hours. This information will come in useful as we always drop of our bags and leave them overnight when flying to Punta Cana by British Airways.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day before luggage drop parking @ Gatwick airport

Does anyone know if you can do this night before drop off with Thomas Cook?

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day before luggage drop parking @ Gatwick airport

Yes you can do it for whatever reason you need to go to the airport for two hours or less, for bag drop off or to collect passengers from a flight, I think it's a great idea 😃

Have a good trip

Tracy

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
329 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day before luggage drop parking @ Gatwick airport

Great info, wish I had know this sooner

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day before luggage drop parking @ Gatwick airport

Update

We parked in the long stay north car park at Gatwick, jumped on the bus, left our suitcases at the Thomson desk and returned on the bus to the car park put the ticket in the machine and off we went and it was free. :-)

Now we have no bags to worry about tomorrow morning straight through security and into the lounge yippee.

T

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day before luggage drop parking @ Gatwick airport

How does this night before luggage drop off work? Where does your luggage go? We can do it for our flight with Thomsons next Wednesday we are at Manchester airport though. Is there free long stay parking there? Thanks in advance guys n girls

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day before luggage drop parking @ Gatwick airport

Hi David

Not sure where the luggage goes? But we have done it before and everything was fine 😃

We found out about the free parking by going on the Gatwick website under parking, I have had a look at the Manchester airport website and I can't find anything regarding free parking? Maybe someone will be able to help? Highly recommend the night before bag drop off less to worry about on the day 😎.

Have a great holiday.

T

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day before luggage drop parking @ Gatwick airport

Thanks, you too. Yeah it's a good idea