We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba Diving in Punta Cana

Victoria, Texas
Level Contributor
31 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba Diving in Punta Cana

Has anyone been scuba diving in or around Punta Cana? We are staying at the Excellence at the end of July and are interested in scuba diving. We would like information on who to go with.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba Diving in Punta Cana

Punta Cana is not the greatest of SCUBA destinations but one of the area's top dive operators is here:

www.aqua-track.com/english/index.html

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
335 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba Diving in Punta Cana

I'm an avid diver. Rescue Diver. I'm gonna pass on doing any diving in Punta Cana based on what I've read.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scuba Diving in Punta Cana

Omg now I had know idea that PC was not a great place to scuba dive. We two are going to be there at the end of July and my hubby and son wanted to do some diving . I wonder why it's not great ??

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Scuba Diving in Punta Cana

If you want better diving the Bayahibe along the Caribbean Sea is the place to go. Bayahibe is a one hour taxi fare from Punta Cana. The dive operators mostly organize the transfers. If you like technical diving then check: www.uwescuba.com . Also for exciting Cave Diving in the National Park Del Este.

Have fun....

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Scuba Diving in Punta Cana

the above linked Aqua-Track is running dives around the island, from beginners to the pros, normal shallow dives, deep dives, wreck dives, cave diving. just get in touch and let Hernert know what you are looking for, so he will build the days by your demand/needs/experience level.

he also is a master instructor and you can do dive certificate lessons with him, like the above mentioned rescue diver level which is one of the steps to the PADI Dive Master certificate.

contact Herbert at Aqua Track, it is himself who answers your requests, and ask away all your questions.

have fun

Mike

Edited: 11 July 2014, 01:40
6. Re: Scuba Diving in Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 10:17