We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Bavaro Place - Help

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Bavaro Place - Help

Hello, we have just booked the Barceló Palace in Punta Cana. After reading recent reviews I am just about to cancel my trip. I am looking for an honest review. We have stayed several times at the Barceló Palace in Mayan Rivieria and we love it. Can some give me an honest review of this place? Also if you have been to the Barceló in the Mayan can you compare both for us??

Thank you,

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Place - Help

Went for new years.. It was fn great!

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Place - Help

maya, One of the very important things about a resort for us, is does the resort have palapas on the beach, have noticed that the Barcelo, does not have palapas, but has tall palm trees for shade from the burning rays of the sun, and that is definitely not enough sufficient shade to protect you from the sun, for us palapas are a MUST to get under for the very much needed shade protection. Of course, after that the resort should have good food, good quality drinks, good service, and good entertainment, but do make sure the Barcelo does have palapas on the beach, if not we would choose a Nice resort that does have palapas. One of our favorites, is the Majestic Colonial, it has it all, take a Look, read some reviews, compare it to the Barcelo, and go from there. Best Wishes, Leo & Sue

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
411 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Place - Help

Not sure what you read on reviews but my cousins and her family just came back from Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe and stayed for 7 nights and loved the resort and everything about it. They said the reaort was super clean, service was great and lots of food choices/restaurants to choose from. And to add to that, it is on a Beautiful stretch of beach that is calm all year round, great for your 10 yr old and never crowded... I saw her pics and they are beautiful. I am also booked for Aug and I couldn't be more excited. We're going with my 13 and 9 yr old...

Boston
Level Contributor
3,118 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Place - Help

I'm at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe right now. The ocean is so clear, warm, calm, shallow, and gorgeous. The resort is absolutely huge and beautiful. There are lots of activities and games for everyone. There are more than enough shade, on the beach or by the pool, for everyone who need shade. It's congested only at the center of the resort but go over one building and there's plenty of coconut and seagrapes to provide cover. The food are edible and all the same all the time for lunch and dinner; so by the third nite it suxs! Desert and drinks really suxs. Recent reviews about food poisoning are true. I took my 10yo with me to Cancun 26x, Aruba 4x, Bahamas 4x, Jamaica 3x, USVI 3x, Providenciales 3 and have never gotten food poisoning (until now) despite usually eating out at the ghetto-est dirt cheap local places. Food is truly their weak point but I enjoyed my vacation nevertheless and would recommend it.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Place - Help

Thank you!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,792 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Place - Help

maya:

The deluxe-class Barcelo Maya Palace in Puerto Aventuras is far-superior to their complex in Punta Cana and you cannot reasonably compare them. That being said, their Punta Cana property has a very nice beach. It is highly recommended that you purchase the Club Premium option.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Place - Help

Thank you, I am really struggling with this and wondering if I will be disappointed with the Barcelo Palace in Punta Cana. Are you able to provide me with examples of some of the diffeences?

Edited: 04 July 2014, 19:50
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Place - Help

I have been to both.

They are both big and clean resorts.

The beach in Punta Cana is much nicer. Food is much better in Riviera Maya.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Place - Help

Thank you, for your help. Is the food really bad in Punt Cana or just ok. How about customer service, we are not picky people but if we need help with something it's nice to know that people are willing to help. Would you stay in Punta Cana at the Barceló again?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Place - Help

how is the puerto aventuras far superior? i figured they were in the same weight class? Bacrelo bavaro palace is really nice... beach is best i have ever visited!