We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whale watching

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Republic, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
whale watching

We are staying at the Bavaro Princess last week in January 2015. Does anybody know how far away to watch whales. Is the trip worth it? Any good details or advice is appreciated! Thanks:)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whale watching

I was told it was a good 3 hour drive each way.....

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whale watching

puntacanatv.com/whale-watching-dominican-rep…

It is seasonal and tours are available, the info I had saved is old so maybe try a search.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: whale watching

also available as flight excursions, to make it a full day worth of Samana without too much time spent on the road. both variations, road and air, are in my opinion well worth the day spent.

Mike

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whale watching

Can you Reccommend any excursions Mike?

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: whale watching

We were on a cruise a few January's and stopped in samana and did the whale watching excursion... IT WAS AWESOME. I hope u get the opportunity :)

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: whale watching

yes, JoHendo,

I recommend the "Pura Mia" for Whale Watching with Kim Beddall.

professional, comfortable, safe and they have a Whale Sighting Guarantee, if you don't see whales your next ride with them is for free.

the Dates for the 2015 Season are already out and shown on their website http://www.whalesamana.com/

Mike

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: whale watching

Thank you

Republic, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: whale watching

Mike,

You provided great information. Do you know if the charter provides transportation from Punta Cana to Samana? Our resort will be the Bavaro Princess. Thanks:)

Republic, Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: whale watching

Thank you:)

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: whale watching

as far as i know they do not provide any transportation, but please check with them directly to find it out, as i have not been in touch since 2nd last year, so i am not on the newest update.

but the whale watching tours on their boat/with their outfit are available by many touroperators here in Bavaro/Punta Cana, where ever they offer the whale watching Samana, make with the seller sure that you want to be booked with that specific outfitter/on that specific boat, as for the quality of the Boatride/Whale/professional part it really makes a very significant difference where they stand out by far from other outfitters/boats.

Mike