We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I accidently drank some of the tap water...

Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
I accidently drank some of the tap water...

So I had a lapse in memory and probably ingested half a mouthful of the shower water. Should I take activated charcoal or pepto? I feel fine at the moment.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,384 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I accidently drank some of the tap water...

just don't lock the bathroom door and keep the t.p. full. No worries it won't kill you, runs maybe.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I accidently drank some of the tap water...

Don't panic! Symptoms probably won't even hit, if any, until you're back home. No problem then going to the doc for an antibiotic. For years I brushed my teeth, rinsed, never gave it a thought in the shower.... I am here to tell about it, and I still travel back.... lots! I eat more bugs sleeping on the beach! LOL

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I accidently drank some of the tap water...

I would of taken a big shot of rum right after...can't hurt anyway. I hope all is well and that little bit of water doesn't cause and upset.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I accidently drank some of the tap water...

the worst that could happen, in case you are a sensible kind who's body reacts on new stuff heavily, would be a few days with "the Run". for very most people a sip of the water will not have any effect at all.

before our BabyGirl we used that water for all cooking, washing salads and fruits, making soups, cooking coffee etc etc without any problem at all ever, and i am european born, not from birth on used to the local DR bacterias in the water. we just changed our behavior when the girlie arrived in the household, just to stay on the safer side from the beginning with her. todays i guess she would be the one standing those bacterias even better than myself, lol. a lil sip of that water will not make any healthy stommack sick and will not require any medications or such.

Mike

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I accidently drank some of the tap water...

No problem, I do it all the time. A little boost to the immune system.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,118 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I accidently drank some of the tap water...

OH....my...god!!!!!!!

You did what? First symptom is a desire to miss the flight home. Second is this mellowed out attitude...followed by a night of drinking...which in turn, flushes out anything that is held within!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I accidently drank some of the tap water...

O M G! Hahahaaaa! We should start calling you Doc Mike, b/c I think many of us have something! That was awesome!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I accidently drank some of the tap water...

Doc Mike explained it perfectly, nothing to add. lol.

Mike

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I accidently drank some of the tap water...

I bush my teeth with the tap water every trip(14 times) I would, have had

to have swallowed some water and have had no issues

Edited: 06 July 2014, 05:19
10. Re: I accidently drank some of the tap water...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 07:05