We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary perks when it isn't on your anniversary?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Anniversary perks when it isn't on your anniversary?

My husband and I are going beginning of April. Our annivesary is in June. Can we still put in for annivesary package if it isn't over our annivesary. It is technically for our annivesary, but not sure how they will view that. Also, is there extra cost for non club?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary perks when it isn't on your anniversary?

sorry. this is for excellence

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,329 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary perks when it isn't on your anniversary?

Hi

They have two different packages dependent on whether you have booked EC or Non-EC

See link below and please note the caveat that says "Valid seven days before or seven days after

your anniversary date"

excellence-resorts.com/weddings-romance/hone…

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary perks when it isn't on your anniversary?

I would still tell them it is your Anniversary. We have done this and it be within a month and they still do the extra's for you.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,329 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary perks when it isn't on your anniversary?

I fully agree it is still worth telling them but all properties need some form of cut off and sometimes it is enforced. You will need to take a copy of your wedding certificate

I would rather people went prepared to avoid disappointment

Edited: 18 July 2014, 17:42
Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary perks when it isn't on your anniversary?

Just my opinion, but the anniversary package is wayyyy overhyped. The service at Excellence is so great anyway, I don't think you'd notice if you didn't get the "perks" that are supposedly included. A "free" bottle of sparkling wine? It's already included, anyway, so you can just order a bottle. And my experience has been that they have it in the room on arrival regardless of whether you're celebrating an anniversary or not. In fact, I don't know that there are any of the anniversary perks that you won't already get as part of their normal course of good customer service.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary perks when it isn't on your anniversary?

Thank you!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,329 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary perks when it isn't on your anniversary?

I would tend to agree with you

The EC version is quite good though

The reason I always try to mention the time limit is that I have read quite a few forum posts and reviews where people ended up feeling let down

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anniversary perks when it isn't on your anniversary?

I tend to agree with bootlegger. We have always received a bottle of rum, fresh fruit plate, flowers, sometimes balloons, in the room. With no mention of special occasion.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anniversary perks when it isn't on your anniversary?

Agree with bootlegger; everything will be in your room regardless.

I can never understand the big deal of people expecting "extras" just because it is a birthday, anniversary etc. And in the case of this OP, she freely admits to trying to sneak around the posted eligibility, all for a bottle of champagne. (Go to any bar, they will give you one).I have seen people complaining on this forum because they did not get a banner on the door or their name in the daily bulletin. Really, why would you care. Everyone is there to celebrate a holiday and frankly the only one who cares about your anniversary is you. Just enjoy the week.

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,302 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anniversary perks when it isn't on your anniversary?

Good one, doug. On one occasion, we 'won' a free bottle of champagne. I couldn't figure that one out. That's like saying we got a free round of drinks. It's all there anyway.