We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Card Purchase

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
473 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist Card Purchase

Purchased our tourists cards online for our upcoming trip today. Didn't get any kind of confirmation after purchase so waiting on e-mail to print out. How long does it usually take to receive e-mail with card information to print out?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,706 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist Card Purchase

You should have received the email with PDF attachment instantly after payment..........check your spam folder.

Angie.

Illinois
Level Contributor
473 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tourist Card Purchase

No e-mail yet and not in spam either.

Sicklerville, NJ
Level Contributor
112 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tourist Card Purchase

I have been trying to get to the website for almost an hour and it tells me the page cannot be displayed. I even tried the fix connection problems option on my browser page and still nothing. I guess I will wait until later and try again.

If I try later in the day and I am successful, I will let you know.

Illinois
Level Contributor
473 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist Card Purchase

I got the website ok and went through with the purchase but still haven't gotten an e-mail to print my tourist cards. Unfortunately there isn't any contact information on the web site either so guess if I don't get the e-mail I'll be standing in line to buy when I get there!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tourist Card Purchase

I hope you didn't get that to go by air because you can't use that if you fly.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tourist Card Purchase

Do you know for certain that the purchase went through? And that your card was charged? Often a credit card may decline the sale (for fear it could be fraud as an out of the country charge). Contact your financial institution if the email is not in your trash/ spam folder.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tourist Card Purchase

In another recent thread, our friend bigjim noted that they might possibly have had some site issues on the weekends but first thing Monday morning (when the IT dept comes to work 8am) LOL ... everything seems to be working fine.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,706 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tourist Card Purchase

SPRINGHILLFUN,

<<I hope you didn't get that to go by air because you can't use that when you fly>>

Don't know what you mean by that statement but you DO need tourist cards to enter the Dominican Republic either by purchasing them in advance or purchasing them on arrival at the airport as you need a tourist card per person to enter the country.

Angie.

bridlington
Level Contributor
724 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tourist Card Purchase

've always purchased mine online but never had to print them off they were always posted has this changed as I haven't been for 5 years and I'm taking family next year

thanks

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,706 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tourist Card Purchase

bridkid,

By what you have said that the tourist cards were posted to you I believe you have previously bought them from the Dominican Republic Embassy website in the UK which is the most expensive way of purchasing them. The best and cheapest way to buy the tourist cards online is through this Dominican website in link below.

https://www.dgii.gov.do/Tturistaweb/

With the exchange rates at present you will only pay around £6 for each tourist card.

Angie.