We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bathing suits, is everyone in bikin's?!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
bathing suits, is everyone in bikin's?!

A little nervous, seems like all the photo's I see of are people in bikini's.... Is there any overweight people at these resorts? Does anyone at the adult only resorts wear one peice suits? I am do not have a bikini body or anywhere close.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,962 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bathing suits, is everyone in bikin's?!

Lots Jane, particularly at adult only resorts, because the age range is bumped up. No worries. People just tend to take pictures of women as scantily clad as possible. What resorts are you thinking of?

Mark

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bathing suits, is everyone in bikin's?!

jane d ...seriously do not worry, there is every type of body size you can imagine, some that should maybe not be in an itsy bitzy bikini, some men also that probably shouldn't wear a speedo....lol....so relax and enjoy....

Milford, Michigan
Level Contributor
62 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bathing suits, is everyone in bikin's?!

jane d,

Don't worry.. Everyone is on vacation..and there to enjoy themselves... Many one piece...and lots of 2 piece, that should be wearing a one piece.! I don't feel uncomfortable at all! Enough Rum...and everyone looks good! LOL.!

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
552 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bathing suits, is everyone in bikin's?!

Jane, I bet you are a lovely woman in a bikini or a one piece. Please where what you feel most comfortable in and don't worry what anyone else is wearing.

Have a great time wherever you go!!!!

Oakmont...
Level Contributor
3,999 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bathing suits, is everyone in bikin's?!

There is 1 piece suits worn out there. My wife does not wear the 2 pieces. And yes there are some wearing bikinis that should not be in one. Sorry

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bathing suits, is everyone in bikin's?!

jane d, We stayed at the Bahia Ambar two months ago, and about half the women, were wearing a one piece bathing suit, my wife does not have the body she had twenty years ago, and doesn't really care that she isn't able to wear a bikini. We have raised a wonderful family, the youngest being 27, the oldest 32, and she is past any desire to believing that she should be in a bikini, we both had the days of being slender, and in excellent physical shape, so it doesn't matter that she doesn't fit into a size 8 anymore. Do be Happy within yourself, and that You are Healthy enough to go on a tropical vacation. You will be in the majority of women that wear a one piece bathing suit on the beach or at the pool. At the Bahia Ambar, which is Adults Only, only about 25% of the women are in bikinis. Best Wishes, Be Happy, and Enjoy ! Leo & Sue

wisconsin
Level Contributor
820 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bathing suits, is everyone in bikin's?!

People wear whatever they are comfortable in! It's really not all about what your body looks like, it's how you feel wearing the suit! If you love the way your suit makes you feel go for it! If you don't.....splurge on a new one! Don't worry, be happy, your on vacation! I dress up more than a lot of people at night, cuz my husband likes me too! Others think I'm crazy sometimes, but I feel good and it's the only time I get to use my dresses! Do as you are comfortable doing!

Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bathing suits, is everyone in bikin's?!

You wear what ever makes you happy :-) I am a larger lady & I wear a tankini perfect for me. X

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
554 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: bathing suits, is everyone in bikin's?!

I'm humongous (UK size 22/24) I wear swimming suits, swim dresses and also shorts and bikini top. I'm sure I look like a hephalump in all of the above but I don't care. If I wear a bikini it's purely because I'm far too melted to wear anything else not because it makes me feel sexy lol.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,979 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bathing suits, is everyone in bikin's?!

Hi

As has been said I would not give it another thought

Wear what you want to wear and have a great trip