We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Blue or Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Blue or Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

l am planning a last minute trip to Punta Cana for 4 days in Sept.for myself, hubby, 25 year old daughter and 23 year old son. I am looking at Ocean Blue or Barcelo Bavaro Beach. We are looking for blue water, snorkeling, and just general relaxation. Thoughts?

I plan to book through Apple Vacations. Has anyone had any issues with them?

Thank you for any input.

Ctr. Hrb., New...
Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Blue or Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

We have been to Ocean Blue and love resort....beach has been eroded over last few years but is still nice...just smaller. One of best resorts I have been to and we have been 12 times. Barcelo Bavaro is very nice area on beach..Have never stayed there , but have walked the beach and is very nice. Snorkeling in PC is not great, but I think Catalonia has the best snorkeling if that is the most important part of trip to you.

You will have fun at either resort!

Edited: 28 July 2014, 02:18
Rhode Island
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Blue or Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

Thank you for your advice. It's nice to know either option is good. I'm getting excited!!

Falmouth...
Level Contributor
58 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Blue or Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

We have stayed at both resorts. Ocean Blue is a smaller resort with excellent staff, good food and decent rooms that are clean. The beach is eroded, but still has room for plenty of beach chairs. Pool is nice and large.

Barcelo Bavaro beach is very large. Huge beautiful beach with many palm trees and plenty of chairs. You have a lot more space on this beach. Pools are large, modern and beautiful. Food is pretty good, rooms were renovated over the last 6 years or are new buildings and are very nice and up to date. Staff is just OK, to many people to get to know you. They do treat you good.

You would like either one, both have plus's. I would go back to both. Enjoy!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Blue or Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

Barcelo has a bigger beach yes but we found the food much better at OB&S (and more to do as we had a teenager with us when there last in 2012.) If staying Privilege you'll note they have made improvements to the beach where it was eroded and its easily accessible.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Blue or Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

Never had any note worthy issues with Apple and have been using them for 12 yrs for PC and MX. It's nice that they host an Apple Beach Party and that there's a rep around to assist you with things if you encounter a problem, never asked anything of them really. I will miss them a LOT in 2015 as they contracted with a new flight carrier and the prices have soared and do not look at all worth it anymore. But for 2014 we have used them 3 times already and 4 times last year, each trip was great and cheaper than I found researching elsewhere.

Edited: 03 August 2014, 23:55
Rhode Island
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Blue or Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

Thank you for all your advice. We're booked at Barcelos. We used Expedia since they gave us the best price. Counting the days!

Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Blue or Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

How did u like barcelos??

8. Re: Ocean Blue or Barcelo Bavaro Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2015, 05:16