We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frontier out of O'Hare

bloomington, il
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Frontier out of O'Hare

I am flying out next Monday on a charter flight out of O'Hare and was wondering if anyone can give me some insights on the process. Frontier charges more if you wait to pay for baggage when you get to the airport but during the booking process I was unable to pre-pay for this like I would have been able to on a normal flight. It also looks like they are charging for "Carry on" luggage and only allow you to bring a personal item. Is this still the case? I do not want to get to the airport and find out that I am paying another $100 to get on the plane.

Thanks

Joe

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Frontier out of O'Hare

Might be best to call them directly..

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
91 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frontier out of O'Hare

Is this through Apple Vacations? The reason I ask is becuase you said it's a chartered flight. If so, your luggage (at least one checked bag) should be included, from my experience. A carry-on should also be free. Unless this has changed in the past year.

Edited: 28 July 2014, 22:43
bloomington, il
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frontier out of O'Hare

It is with apple but I was wondering since the fee structure changed recently.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
820 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frontier out of O'Hare

This is always a concern to me also. You cannot usually find out any info by calling the airline. Our best try is by calling Apple directly. Don't always assume it's a charter. Just because it's booked with Apple does not mean it is a charter! Frontier probably is, but check regardless. I've had $250 in baggage costs with spirit even though we booked on apple. Knew it ahead of time but would have been terrible to find out at the airport.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
91 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frontier out of O'Hare

I just checked the Apple site and it says that for flights booked through Frontier out of O'hare to your destination include one free checked bag. The second bag is $30. There was no mention of a carry on. I'd call Apple just to be safe, though.

Level Contributor
404 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frontier out of O'Hare

I am flying out of O'hare on a charter as well. Normally Frontier only flies out of Midway (for its own flights), so I am pretty sure you will be able to bring at least one piece of luggage, as I know not all normal rules apply to the charter flight

That's the b*tch of going with the cheaper airlines...it always adds back up to the same amount as the major airlines :-/

Edited: 28 July 2014, 23:17
bloomington, il
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Frontier out of O'Hare

It is with apple but I was wondering since the fee structure changed recently.

8. Re: Frontier out of O'Hare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 07:15