We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will be booking Majestic Elegance Punta Cana...Which room??

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Will be booking Majestic Elegance Punta Cana...Which room??

I will be booking at the Majestic Elegance Punta Cana but not too sure which room i should book and which one is better? I was looking at the Majestic Junior Suite Swim Up OR the Junior Suite Jacuzzi Elegance Club. I know ou get a lot of perks with the Elegance Club, but I also like the fact that you get a swim-up suite.

Has anyone been to both? and what are your experiences?

Thank you!!!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,833 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will be booking Majestic Elegance Punta Cana...Which room??

Only you can really know which would work best for you. Look at the perks that are included and ask yourself if you would use them. There have bene some resorts we have bene to that have upgrades but when I look at what they offer it's not worth it o me since I wouldn't use most of them. If you think you would be spending most of your time at the regular pool for the activities then a swim-up room might be best.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will be booking Majestic Elegance Punta Cana...Which room??

Thanks Sackie,

The perks sounds great at the Majestic Elegance... Private Beach, Pool, Butler Service, Adults Only. etc. I am just wondering if all of those perks are worth it... For example, on the private beach, will i be able to get a beach chair no problem or will it be super crowded? Same with the pool.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Will be booking Majestic Elegance Punta Cana...Which room??

my favorite is the Fisher-Suite, a 1-Bedroom-Swimup Suite room#2138 on the regular side at the mainpool. own patio, own pool loungers, close to everything. Club Perks never showed any value to me, so we never took upgrades to the Club, but that's of course personal preferences. the Elegance Club is very popular and many many returning customers would not go different again, me is the opposite, i prefer a lot the non-club flair and the most important point to me is the own patio and loungers at the 1 bedroom swimup suite, the club does not offer such room as far as i know.

which ever you choose, the hotel is a fantastic place to have a great time, very very good value for the bucks spent.

Mike

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will be booking Majestic Elegance Punta Cana...Which room??

Sarah, there are now 2 private beaches, so getting a chair will not be an issue, and never was before they added the second section. The club beaches also have beds, hammocks, couches and are steps away from 2 club beach bars. There is contstant drink service on the club beaches, so you don't have to leave your chair if you don't want to.

We have stayed in club level 1 BR suite and club level Jr. suite. Both rooms were fantastic. We have never had a swim-up, so can't comment on that part.

You could just book a club level swim-up, and get the best of both worlds.

Level Contributor
69 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will be booking Majestic Elegance Punta Cana...Which room??

We've stayed at the club room and loved the location of the room!

The perks on the other hand are somewhat difficult for me to comment on because we never really did notice them.

We saw the Butler on arrival and that was the only time. The private pool or beach? I still don't know where they are :) . I never noticed anyone checking wristbands or credentials to enter anywhere. Maybe it's because we were club guests?

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will be booking Majestic Elegance Punta Cana...Which room??

@Matt.

If you remember the See and Sea restaurant rght on the beach... the regular beach is straight ahead, the 2 club beaches are on the far left or far right (right off the patio of the 2 beach bars)

Very true, the butler is more like a concierge than an actual butler, so don't get the wrong impression about them, Sarah. But...we have had fantastic butlers who were constantly checking in and bringing us unexpected surprises throughout the stay. Some are better than others.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will be booking Majestic Elegance Punta Cana...Which room??

Thank you to ALL of you!! Would the Elegance Club have wifi or do you still need to pay for this?

THANKS!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will be booking Majestic Elegance Punta Cana...Which room??

Free wifi in club, and its such a strong fast signal, we were using face-time while standing in the ocean.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will be booking Majestic Elegance Punta Cana...Which room??

Perfect! Looks like I will be booking the Junior Suite Jacuzzi Elegance Club. If we really like it and chose to go back maybe we will choose the swim-up!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,833 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Will be booking Majestic Elegance Punta Cana...Which room??

They do have swim-ups in the Club section too!