We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Breathless

Scranton...
4 posts
Save Topic
Live from Breathless

Hi! My wife and I have been here a week and have another week left. First time posting but I read a lot on the forum. It's the first place I look for information. We have been to paradisius palma real and excellence playa mujeres within the last year and half. We are going to be writing reviews on all of our trips because I feel they are the best source of truth, especially the forum. Ask any questions. I will answer.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,964 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from Breathless

So far, how would you compare it to the other two?

Mark

toronto
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from Breathless

Is it crowded and can you find out the name of the red house wine and if they have more than one to offer

Also how does it compare to excellence will be there in 10 days

Scranton...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from Breathless

Best beach out of them all. Excellence had the best food followed by paradisius. We can always find food here at breathless but it is the worst out them all. Also, there were about four times we tried ordering itrms on the menu and they were not available and that was a let down. Some of our order was forgotten two times.

Drinks are disappointing. Excellence had best drinks and choices of alchol. I have many incorrect drink orders here. I learned that I have to order them with extra alcohol. I also wish they used more fresh ingredients.

Great atmosphere here and it's always upbeat with something to do but sometimes it could be hard to find relaxation if you want quiet. The eteam really try and are very entertaining.

The grounds are well thought out and nice. Easy access around the resort. Vegetation is still young.

Excellence and paradisius it was worth the upgrade to the clubs but here it doesn't seem worth it.

Staff here is great. Always friendly and helpful but I feel they may be understaffed.

We feel like we are on vacation here. There is just something about it. Everyone is always having a good time. Out of all of them we would most likely return to breathless because of the beach, the value and the atmosphere.

Scranton...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from Breathless

The wine is st thomas from chile. We tried the red and didn't like it.

It wasn't that busy when we arrived but it has gotten busier. I heard someone say yesterday that they were at 90 percent but it doesn't seem that crowded.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from Breathless

Zen, both of the outer sides of the resort are very quiet. Not sure if all are club rooms or not. Many times I had the pool all to myself.The north side was extremely quite. We would go back a forth through the buildings, like 2 different resorts. Agree that the beach is very beautiful and was almost still water, just a very slight ripple. and very clear. I found if I tell them what and how much I wanted in my drinks I got just what I wanted. I would order a beef dish and an extra seafood dish and they went great together. People I talked with were very happy with the resort, many saying it was their favorite. Even had one long time Excellence couple who transferred to Breathless and liked it much better.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,983 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from Breathless

Thanks for the comparison with PPR & EPM

Very disappointing to hear your comments about the food and drinks

Lincoln, California
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from Breathless

Thanks for taking the time to do a live review. Im currently searching for a resort that is more lively, and FFM suggested Breathless. Would you say it is a younger crowd, or a good mix. We have also stayed at EPM, what do they have going on around the pool during the day? What makes the beach so much better?

Glad to hear you're having a great trip,

Bob-Bo

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from Breathless

Breathless is a mix of all ages,married, single, friends etc. Constant activities in the pool and on the beach. Have a pool party every day in the activity pool. Also quiet areas on the outside of the resort. The beach is large with light tan sand and curves in and out. Some sections have coral which is visible and some sections smooth sand and clear water. Calm water.

9. Re: Live from Breathless

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 05:17