We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Bavaro Beach suggestions

Michigan
14 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo Bavaro Beach suggestions

We are headed to Barcelo Beach adults only in September and would appreciate any input on ala cartes and other suggestions. Can you email room requests and book ala cartes via email prior to arrival. Contact info for email? Favorite ala cartes? Room requests? Favorite drinks? Do you have to check out towels? Basically anything positive that you experienced and would like to share. Thanks.

Joshua, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach suggestions

I stayed at the BBB in May and loved it!! We stayed in building 5 and had an ocean view! Most rooms have an ocean view!! I have heard that you can email early for reservations for dinner, but we didn't do that. We went to guest services the day we got there and made our reservations for the week. Towels will be in your room when you arrive. You trade them in for a new one daily, or whenver you want. The beach is gorgeous there! We never had any issue finding a place to relax on the beach or at the pool! The people were also very friendly! We enjoyed the steakhouse and the sports bar, which is open 24 hours. There is a train that goes between the BBB and the Palace Deluxe, however we chose to walk the beach or the covered walkway when we went over. I hope you enjoy your vacation!!

missouri
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach suggestions

Great choice of resorts! We just returned from our third stay at BBB. We too made restaurant reservations after we checked in. The food and restaurants where outstanding. This year we ate at the Spanish Tapas restaurant (Fuego), Seafood (Coral), La Brisa, Chez Gourmet, Mexican and Steakhouse. Previously we ate at the Japanese restaurant which was also great. We have heard good things about the restaurant at the golf course but didn't make it this time. We were in building 6 with an ocean front room. Most rooms have a full or partial view of the ocean which is nice about this resort. Other resorts you will see are set back much further from the ocean. Drinks are great we love Caipriahna's and Sammy Sosa's! Enjoy!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach suggestions

I'm heading to BBB in September and this will be my 3 rd visit. I can't remember if the lobby bar serves coffee. I know you can get it in the buffet but just wondering if the bars serve it.

Joshua, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach suggestions

Yes the lobby bar serves coffee!!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach suggestions

Do they serve cappuccinos Crystal ?

Jackson, TN
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach suggestions

Hello I am interested in booking the BBB for my honeymoon in October. I am a lil confused on this resort and the Palace. I know BBB sets to the left of the Palace and you can use lots of the Palaces amenities but does BBB have their own amenities such as specialty restaurants, shows, and etc? I have a map of both resorts so I have an idea of the buildings, pool, lobby, and etc but I wasn't sure about the other. We def want to have to go to dinner or etc each night that takes a long walk to get to it or a 15 min train ride, so I am trying to get a better feel for how this resort in particular is layed out.

Thanks,

Dana

TN

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,030 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach suggestions

Here's a nice Youtube walking tour by fan1080, from here on TripAdvisor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mijTjwWuPKA

Mark

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach suggestions

There are two specialty restaurants on the BBB side. Brisas and the french one. The french one is my favourite of all the specialty restaurants on both properties.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
579 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach suggestions

I'm heading there myself 20th Sept so this all very useful for me.

For an email address I've used bavaro@barcelo.com and had a reply within 24hrs.

Did any of you upgrade before you went or when you got there? If so was it worth the extra? I haven't booked any extras. Just the standard superior room. From what I've seen on the web it seemed more than adequate for me though I'm certainly open to opinions on that.

Is it far from the AO section to the watersports on the beach?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Beach suggestions

Last time I booked an ocean view but ended up not being able to see the ocean as the bar was in front of us. The room was exactly the same as the standard. The rooms are as pictured and have been renovated except for the room with the bath and toilet. I found the rooms adequate.

Edited: 30 August 2014, 01:37