We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to choose hotel for wedding

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to choose hotel for wedding

Hey guys

we are trying to narrow down hotel for wedding, its just going to me a small affair probably 12 of us.

we have narrowed down to

Ocean Blue & Sand

Dreams Palm Beach

Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana

Iberostar Punta Cana ( unsure on this one as can't really find much on weddings )

anyone been to any of the above or been married, obviously we want our guests to enjoy hotel as much as possible also as we will be there for 2 weeks

Newport News...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to choose hotel for wedding

We married at the Jellyfish restaurant but we stayed at Paradisus Punta Cana. It was awesome!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,563 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to choose hotel for wedding

I am assuming you have chosen these particular resorts because they are family resorts. What are the ages of the children?

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to choose hotel for wedding

Hi 2 and 4

We are now thinking about Dreams La Romana

choices of hotels are limited to us by travel agent ( Tui LTD - First Choice )

Toronto
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to choose hotel for wedding

Hi there,

I did the Esmeralda (upgraded rooms and service) at the Bahia Principe and had the best time with my small group. If you need gift bags or favours for the guests, this website is amazing for them: magicfeather.ca Happy planning!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to choose hotel for wedding

I wouldn't choose Dreams La Romana for a wedding - go to my profile and check out my review - absolute nightmare. Their wedding packages are a complete con. Also there are a lot of bad reviews recently regarding food quality, sickness and discriminatory service levels. I have heard from a number of people that the Iberostar does an amazing wedding and they are overall the best hotel from a review basis. Jellyfish does an amazing wedding but unfortunately you need a certain number of guests for them to accommodate you.

6. Re: Trying to choose hotel for wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 18:07
Dunfermline
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to choose hotel for wedding

Thanks Rachel

we have booked Dream La Romana and have a confirmed date of 16th July.

Thanks again

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,708 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trying to choose hotel for wedding

Dreams La Romana is an excellent choice! Not only is it on the southern Caribbean side of the island, with the length of time you will be there, your off-site excursion opportunities are much greater there!

Congratulations and Happy Travels!

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Trying to choose hotel for wedding

I also think that you will be happy with your choice! Dreams La Romana is a beautiful resort, and the Bayahibe area has so much to offer. You will have lots of activities to chose from that could fit the whole group without having to travel far.

Here you can see some of the most popular activities in Bayahibe: tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g663484-Activiti…

I

10. Re: Trying to choose hotel for wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2015, 05:16