We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any recommended city/town or landscape excusions?

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
any recommended city/town or landscape excusions?

I have a toddler, so something kid friendly :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any recommended city/town or landscape excusions?

Most if not all excursions involve long, tiring and hot bus rides to pick up/drop off others at any number of resorts. Not sure you want to go through that with a toddler. Better to pick a resort with a good safe kids area and stay close to home.

Edited: 05 August 2014, 22:46
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any recommended city/town or landscape excusions?

I would have to agree with doug2053.... In the past 2 years we really didn't find anything day trips/ excursions that were suitable for young kids. Most as doug2053 says are loooong days and/ or transfers. Our young kids loved when we got daypasses to Barcelo Family Deluxe...they spent the whole day in the kids water park.

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any recommended city/town or landscape excusions?

oh wow, i will def. bear the waterpark in mind, that'll be an excellent idea. Thanks for the input. now i can relax and enjoy the trip knowing we wont be missing anything much.

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any recommended city/town or landscape excusions?

we ended up doing the cigar, rum and chocolate factories. we had a blast!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any recommended city/town or landscape excusions?

Was it OK with your toddler along?

Janesville...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any recommended city/town or landscape excusions?

We plan on the cigar tour also cottle. Are the cigars/chocolate/rum tour in one big building? Did you have them pick you up at your hotel? If so, did they take you back right away when you were ready to go back? High pressure sales?

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any recommended city/town or landscape excusions?

the toddler is one and LOVED tasting the chocolate, she toddled around and enjoyed "helping"

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any recommended city/town or landscape excusions?

the buildings are in the same area, separate buidlings, they picked up from the hotel in an A/C minivan, and drove us there, had to wait around 5-10 after done for pickup and drop off, they basically wait until there's a group to take back, they took us straight back but may do other resort drop off and pick ups, but it is not unreasonable. Its island time, we were there around 4-5 hours.. they told us 3. there's a bar and shade for you to wait. No high pressure sales, but I think they got commission as they "helped" check me out. However, I do not usually by alcohol or goods, but the chocolate factory is all organic, made there and I got Mamajuana, choco liquor, chocolates (they don't melt as they are 100% natural) and bean shells for tea and hot chocolate and cocoa beans. they say eating 1 or 2 beans raw will help with weight control. lol. we shall see! I spent around $100- bargain in my opinion to have real chocolate that's not pumped with chemicals. loved, LOVED this excursion.

Janesville...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: any recommended city/town or landscape excusions?

Thanks cottle :)

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: any recommended city/town or landscape excusions?

I just noticed you are from Janesville, I have been there. For work, I got to watch an amazing water ski show!