We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dengue and chikagunya

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
dengue and chikagunya

hello im 20 weeks pregnant and already have a trip booked to a punta cana resort.

I am told that no reports of chikagunya have been reported in the punta cans resorts .

is this accurate.. also how common is dengue fever in the resorts? have any cases been reported

that you know of? thank you in advance…. just want to take all proper precautions.

Welland, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: dengue and chikagunya

You are right, Haiti would certainly have less visitors and I'm sure that has an impact. Plus the reporting as you say. Hopefully as PC Mike says things are leveling off. It has to at some point.

Pittsburgh
3 posts
Save Reply
52. Re: dengue and chikagunya

Thank you all for your great posts . The discussion was very interesting and i enjoyed seeing all the different viewpoints , especially from those of you who are living in DR.

I'll keep up to date on all the great links listed in this post . I feel these are the best sources available since The media in the U.S hasn't been reporting much on chikungunya . Maybe they are too busy with Ebola monitoring now . Best wishes to all .

53. Re: dengue and chikagunya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 11:35
Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: dengue and chikagunya

Absolutely Mike!

I wish everyone good heath, good friends, cold drinks, sunny days and rainy nights.

J.

Ps- Jack and I just shooting hoops, he cannot slam dunk yet.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
55. Re: dengue and chikagunya

he will soon, he will very soon.

Mike

56. Re: dengue and chikagunya

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

57. Re: dengue and chikagunya

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Reply
58. Re: dengue and chikagunya

Hi MikeFisher, Last time I looked this was an internet forum which invites opinion. you happend to hold a different opinion to me which I can accept and counter if necessary with my opinion.

I'm sorry that you either don't have a valid point or the necessary skills to counter my opinion without resorting to personal cat calling such as.

"and someone should donate some dranquilizers for Dave, such stressy hyping of everything and attacking other posters can sure not be any good for the health. i just hope his medical insurance covers for the repairs of heartdamages, as a heartattack is just a matter of time to come on such stressy posting without much sense."

And you say I'm attacking other posters?, wow

I'm sorry my opion upsets you so much and I hope you can get past that and stick to reasoned discussion.

You live on a beautiful island, sit back relax and enjoy it.

Have fun

Dave

Edited: 12 August 2014, 07:19
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
124 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: dengue and chikagunya

We just got back from PC yesterday and 2 out of the 10 people in my group have confirmed chikungunya....I won't call out the resort but if you want to know PM me. It sucks....we have been going to the DR for 5 years now and have never had people get so sick. We were there for 10 days...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,697 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: dengue and chikagunya

I thought the Majestic sprayed for mosquitos?