We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
new hampshire
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Would you chose MJ C Club or PC Princess? Need Help!

Hi we are booked for MJC Club in Feb, I was so happy to book this resort however due to the many negative food (more then any resort I have read about), I don't expect 5star food bit I require fresh food, that is good & tasty, I have never read where somebody in their review said loved the food here.at MJC, now we have been to PC Princess and enjoyed the food was it fabulous no but fresh & tasty, I know everyone has different taste etc, but when people complain about the "quality" of the food that is scary, we like simple fresh salads, fresh fish & vegetables I;m not concerned about the other aspects of the resort it looks fun & lovely. but food is enough to make me change resorts. any input would help Thanks a lot!

nyc
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would you chose MJ C Club or PC Princess? Need Help!

If the pc princess gives you acess to the other resorts in the chain. Id go with the princess for the variety.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would you chose MJ C Club or PC Princess? Need Help!

You will have no problems in getting fresh salads, fish, and vegetables at MC. There's a new Food and Beverage Manager and all is looking bright there. We had no complaints in November/December, but have been advised that all is being looked at from top to bottom with the new manager. I don't believe complaints about freshness or quality from guests at this resort. I've eaten there too many times over too many years. Lobster, salads, grouper, sushi, veggies, snapper, clams......etc., etc., etc., all very good on our last visit. We're going back to both Majestics in November. Don't let "social media" scare you. Some people cannot be pleased, and they are usually not the ones that appreciate good food. There are lots of changes and updates coming at MC very soon. Don't change your plans for Feb. You'll love it, especially in its Club level!

wisconsin
Level Contributor
828 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would you chose MJ C Club or PC Princess? Need Help!

I have to say that I'm usually not very impressed with food at most resorts so it is not high on my list of must haves. I love PCP but the food was just ok for me, I can live on breakfast and rice and potatoes if I have to. I figure that if the drinks are good, the staff is excellent, and the pool or ocean are wonderful, I will be happy! There's always something that you will enjoy at meals! I'm sure you will enjoy it too! I love the food at SRB and choose to go back every year! My husband always wants somewhere different! He thinks he's missing out if he goes back to the same resorts lol! We compromise and both of us gets our way! Don't stress but if you want PCP, change up! It's your money and your trip!

new hampshire
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would you chose MJ C Club or PC Princess? Need Help!

Thank You Desiwood! I certainly feel a lot better and I'm sure other TA members do also after reading your report of the MJ C. I look forward to going there! Tks again!!!

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would you chose MJ C Club or PC Princess? Need Help!

My pleasure always NewHampshireOgleman! Since you are staying in Club level, don't forget to take advantage of the sit down lunch in the Gourmet for only Club Guests. We really enjoyed it on our last visit. (The only thing not up to par was the bananas flambe desert. I bet it will have been corrected by now, as I didn't keep the matter to myself.)

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would you chose MJ C Club or PC Princess? Need Help!

I have eaten at both resorts and can say the food is no different between the two. The MC is a little more upscale in look then the PCP and so are the a la cartes.

7. Re: Would you chose MJ C Club or PC Princess? Need Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 06:16