We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Zoetry...any questions?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from Zoetry...any questions?

We just spent a wonderful week at Zoetry. It was everything we were looking for in our vacation. We suffered a few bumps in road but nothing that affected the amazing time that Zoetry and their staff offered.

I'll be working on a review but I'm happy to answer any questions I can prior to getting my review up.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,863 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Zoetry...any questions?

Glad you had a good time. Great resort!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,888 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Zoetry...any questions?

Great to hear

How was the food and were there many children around?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,863 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Zoetry...any questions?

I am returning in Jan for my 6th time and staying for 12nights. Usually do more than one resort but decided on just Zoetry.

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Zoetry...any questions?

Great to hear you had a good time. Was the Dreams transfers still happening?

My husband is considering giving it another try by adding 2 nights at Zoetry before our week at Breathless in December. There was some great things about Zoetry that we liked but I don't know if I really want to go back if it is still happening.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Zoetry...any questions?

12 days at Zoetry would be wonderful. I can't imagine the amount of relaxation that would set in, lucky you.

Food was wonderful. We loved room service breakfast, although how they expect you to eat that much is beyond me, my husband did a good job meeting the challenge though. Our favorites were the shrimp ceviche and the lobster risotto.

Yes there were quite a few kids. Young kids as well as teenagers. The teenagers were all very well behaved, and were mostly only children traveling with their parents. They really reminded me of our daughter when we traveled when she was that age. She was always fine doing what we were doing and didn't get bored doing adult stuff.

Some of the younger kids did make themselves a little more well known around the pool and beach, also couple times at lunch. We tend to eat dinner late on vacation, 9 or so, we didn't see any kids at dinner at all. Overall the amount of kids didn't bother us at all.

They day we left it did seem that some larger groups were checking in that had more kids so I'm glad we missed that.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,863 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Zoetry...any questions?

I was at Breathless a few weeks ago and did a quick visit at Zoetry. Saw 3 or 4 kids in the infinity pool. We walked both sides of the resort and the long pools which run the length of the resort on both sides didn't have a single person in them. Like having a private pool.Did you find it that way?

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from Zoetry...any questions?

Oops missed your question catchinrayz, yes I do think there were upgrades just because of the amount of kids. Although two of the loudest kids on the beach were staying in the 3 bedrooom suite and I'm positive they weren't upgrades. I never asked the staff about it because it really didn't bother us too much. We didn't have any loud groups at all, so if they did upgrade they kept it to couples and small families. Yes there were some kids being kids, but not overwhelming at all, at least not the week we were there.

The staff would really like to be adult only too so maybe it will happen in the future. Even if it doesn't I would get it a try again. I think any bumps in service that may have been an issue when the expansion opened are completely smoothed over now. Service was wonderful.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from Zoetry...any questions?

bbgamer, yes the pools were very quite along the rooms. We never saw anyone in the "old" pool and depending on the time of day maybe 10 or 12 people in the pool bar.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,863 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from Zoetry...any questions?

Did you see anyone in the long pools?

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from Zoetry...any questions?

We found the long swim up pool that way as well. There was hardly anyone in it. A swim up room would probably be peaceful.

We would be going the beginning part of December so we are thinking most kids would be in school and it is just before the Christmas break but after USA Thanksgiving. My husband really wants to give Zoetry another try but I am thinking we are best to just stay at Breathless. We will probably be booking in the next couple of weeks so we need to make decision soon.