We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance or Melia Tropical Level??

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance or Melia Tropical Level??

We are headed Punta Cana the middle of December for a well needed getaway. My husband makes fun of how much research I do on picking the right vacation spot but I think it's half the fun. I have narrowed my search down to Majestic Elegance or the Melia Tropical Level. We are in our early 30's and enjoy being able to find a quiet spot on the beach one day and the next make new friends at the pool. Mainly looking for great service, decent food and nice rooms.

Please help!! :)

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance or Melia Tropical Level??

both are long running properties with a good reputation and fit your requests.

i prefer the Majestic Elegance over the Melia for it's smaller size (Melia runs a Tram to come around, bummer for me, i like it small to navegate easy by ft) and because the Majestic does not have Time Share/Vacation Club running on their property, as i find them bothersome and avoid resorts where such is present.

Mike

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance or Melia Tropical Level??

Thanks Mike!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance or Melia Tropical Level??

We have stayed at ME twice and enjoyed it very much, we have had friends that went to Melia and liked it very much as well.

If you stay at the ME, go for the Elegance Club, there are 2 private beach sections with beds, hammocks, couches, both have constant drink service and beach bars steps off the sand. The elegance club package is a very small cost increase (about $20 per couple, per day), and we found the extra perks well worth it. The elegance club pools (4 of them) are all super quiet, except for the one with the swim-up bar, and relaxing as well. All the activity goes on over at the huge main pool, and non-club beach. We met a ton of great people, staff and guests, by just chilling at one of the beach bars. The lobby bar is a great meeting place at night too.

I agree with Mike, the size of the ME is perfect, 5 min walk from lobby to beach.

Message me if you have any specific questions about the ME.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance or Melia Tropical Level??

Thanks, Matt! I may take you up on the offer of messaging you with other questions. We ended up booking the ME last night!

Thanks again,

Courtney

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance or Melia Tropical Level??

Its a nice resort, we are the same ages as you guys and liked everything about it. Good mix or relaxation and activity if you want to join in.

Yeah no problem with questions, glad to help.

6. Re: Majestic Elegance or Melia Tropical Level??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 05:16