We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best souveniers you brought back for your kids at home?

sacramento
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best souveniers you brought back for your kids at home?

Hi,

Which souveniers did you bring back from Punta Cana to your kids or grandkids ? which ones ?thanks

Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best souveniers you brought back for your kids at home?

Seashells, a little drum, little wooden sculpture, t shirt,the little free wooden neckless given for free by vendors,miniature " Punta Cana bottles filled with sand...

sacramento
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best souveniers you brought back for your kids at home?

Great ideas! Thank you Lesk! My 8 year old daughter will definately enjoy seashells (she collected with me six months ago on a trip to Cancun). I will buy her some. T-shirts for my 3 sons would be a hit too.I wonder though if I can bring back sea shells , sand , etc, ?

Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best souveniers you brought back for your kids at home?

Well probably not - everybody does it anyways..

How many of your colleagues , friends, family has them nicely displayed on there offices, homes....

sacramento
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best souveniers you brought back for your kids at home?

I know, lol. Done that. I personally don't see any harm in that.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,282 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best souveniers you brought back for your kids at home?

If you're looking for sea shells you'll have to buy them, very near impossible to find them on the sand or even in the ocean

sacramento
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best souveniers you brought back for your kids at home?

Thanks Winnipeg

I do realize that I have to buy them. What me and my daughter collected was very tiny shells in Cancun. We bought the big ones I must clarify

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,614 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best souveniers you brought back for your kids at home?

My kids (3&5) pickd their own this year......wooden machete and wooden "Taino" axe.....( to much power rangers in Spanish..lol)

Last year we were there for their birthdays they got drums, maracas and another instrument.

They also chose their own little painting for their rooms.

sacramento
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best souveniers you brought back for your kids at home?

Thank you. This time its me and my husband, no kids. We took them in April to Cancun. Now its our time. In Cancun my sons (crazy about soccer and play soccer) picked Ronaldo Real Madrid jerseys each and my daughter a purse, of course. This time we are picking. Thank you for great ideas.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best souveniers you brought back for your kids at home?

How about Ambar and Larimar for the kids.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best souveniers you brought back for your kids at home?

Don't know if it is still there but at the airport in departures there was a Del Sol.. The t-shirts that change colors. Like it would be a white tshirt with fish / ocean on it in white and when you walk into the sun it turns all colorful.

$15-20 to see a 6 year olds face in "amazement" that the colors on his shirt changed is worth it.

http://www.delsol.com/stores/punta-cana