We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macao Beach for boogie boarding?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
Macao Beach for boogie boarding?

We are planning to come to Punta Cana in November. I was wondering if Macao Beach has good waves for boogie boarding in? If so, is it safe to take a taxi there and spend the day? Ideally, we would like a resort with a sandy beach and some waves to play in. Any suggestions for such a resort? We would also like to have good wifi in the rooms. We will be travelling with our 13 year old son.

Thanks

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,235 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Macao Beach for boogie boarding?

Macao is perfectly safe to take a taxi to and when the waves are kickin boogie boarding would be a blast. There's a restaurant at the end of the beach also.

As for a resort with a sandy beach, some waves and good room wifi, well there's tons out there LOL.

Cheers, DEbbIE

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Macao Beach for boogie boarding?

Thanks for the reply. We will definately check out Macao Beach. Could you tell me the names of some of those resorts? We were considering the Royalton, but are now reconsidering with all the recent negative reviews. I have read the Royalton and Majestic both have spotty wifi. We would like good wifi to the room, even if we have to pay for it.

Worksop
Level Contributor
131 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Macao Beach for boogie boarding?

Hi,

Firstly ignore the bad reviews about Royalton. I've visited many hotels across the Caribbean and this is the best yet, especially if you have kids. Regarding boogie boarding, good waves can be found outside the Hard Rock on most days, about 10 mins walk down the beach from Royalton. Further south rather hit and miss... Sometimes waves but mainly flat.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,620 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Macao Beach for boogie boarding?

If you want to try surfing contact Rafael at Macao Surf Camp.... It is the BEST day at Macao Beach and Rafael will pick you up at your hotel, give you surfing lessons (you WILL surf) and you will have an awesome time with wonderful people.

Guaranteed!

Have a wonderful trip!!

Edited: 07 September 2014, 12:26
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Macao Beach for boogie boarding?

as others stated, Macao Beach is perfectly safe to visit and it is perfectly suiting for what you are looking for, your 13 years old will get troublesome when you tell "hey, day is over, out of the water now", lol.

as for hotels with a good wave action as requested, the Hard Rock is suiting, also the Barcelo Punta Cana and the Majestics fit the bill, so does the Royalton/Memories, they are all n the same beach stretch.

i understand your request of a gtood WIFI on the Room, i will tell you to not await such not even at a resort where others tell in their reviews that it was great. you can always get it spotty and for days, at every property. in adition, it depends on each single room location, your neighbour's room may have a perfectly full power signal, while you are wall to wall and get almost nothing/only on the balcony etc, and you will never be guaranteed a specific room number ahead of time at any of those resorts, so to not start a vacay disapointed for a simple thing like WIFI on the room, do not await it to work perfectly on the room.

have fun

Mike

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,620 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Macao Beach for boogie boarding?

Mike Fisher is right on about wifi....that's any resort.

Mike why can't I send you a PM?

Edited: 07 September 2014, 23:40
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Macao Beach for boogie boarding?

Ocean,

on tripadvisor i have the private message feature shut Off willingly, sorrily too many unhappy people who send bothering stuff when they don't like my weather forecasts or such, lol. for direct messages you have to send a e-mail or a message on facebook.

Mike

8. Re: Macao Beach for boogie boarding?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2015, 05:15