We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to find best prices

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
235 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to find best prices

Best prices online or through travel agent?Want to get best price possible at decent resort.

Taking son,daughter-in-law and grandkids 10 and 14.Very expensive from Winnipeg but think Punta Cana worth it.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to find best prices

I search sites for good deals then take what I find to my TA, she can usually beat what I see. Bigjim has often posted savings using promo codes to lower the price by $100 or $150 bringing down prices further, charters as I like, include transfers, but many swear by private or taxi, and I have also used taxi when needed, don't forget to add that in. And luggage fees on some airlines.

What time of year are you looking, what type of resort (big/ small)? How long do you wish to stay?

Edited: 31 August 2014, 16:49
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,805 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to find best prices

Kayak compares most of the sites for the best price. Orbitz too but they just dropped USAir and AA.ITA Matrix will show all the air prices for a 30 day range.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to find best prices

Try asking our debinatore what she does

www.tripadvisor.com/members-forums/debinatore

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
235 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to find best prices

Looking at end of Jan into Feb to depart for 1 week

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to find best prices

For Canadians, the Trip Central website is one of the best ones for comparing prices. It's very flexible and easy to use.

San Juan, Puerto...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to find best prices

Orbitz,try promo code byebye20.I used it last week,20 percent off

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,432 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to find best prices

Cheaptickets.com often has excellent prices. Check their weekly promo code under "deal of the week." These vary from 18-30% off their already low prices and are updated each Monday around midday. Good luck!

8. Re: Where to find best prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 05:16