We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royalton - More negative Reviews

King's Lynn, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Royalton - More negative Reviews

Well, after more negative reviews I am thinking of changing my holiday and will likely do so.

My main concern is the quality of food. Quality A la Carte dining is one of the things that makes my holiday and it would seem The Royalton is not delivering.

Has anyone else booked for next summer and considering changing also??

I am looking at Rose Hall in Jamaica.

West Pittston...
Level Contributor
149 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royalton - More negative Reviews

I stayed at the hilton rose hall in Jamaica in October and had a wonderful time. It's a smaller resort but the food and service was great. Sorry I can't speak to the Royalton, thought I'm having similar concerns with the majestic colonial

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royalton - More negative Reviews

MC was no way an issue compared to what I found at Royalton last week. we enjoyed the MC on two seperate visits. The small buffet at the Royalton is run like no other AI in PC, name taken and sit wait to be seated, causing lines and waits. A La Cartes that are unlimited, no reservation but booked completely full for the night or you may have to wait 1.5- 2 hrs. Maybe they should stop allowing Memories guests use of the restaurants. Their resort is much bigger and unless upgraded they have to pay, no idea why anyone in their right mind would do that. Regarding quality, there is a distinct difference between the buffet and the a la cartes, but what does that matter if you cannot get in to use them?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Royalton - More negative Reviews

"Maybe they should stop allowing Memories guests use of the restaurants."

That should be the easiest solution to the problem. I wonder what they're waiting for.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royalton - More negative Reviews

Don't know, I mentioned this as a suggestion but they don't believe there is 1. a problem with wait times, and 2. that many Memories guests even get to dine on Royalton side. Remember they told our friend that they were at 80% occupancy, so they consider the way things are going good, its our belief that they were not that busy at all, making it a huge problem if they were any more full.

Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
109 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royalton - More negative Reviews

I was worried about the reviews but... Do u know what I am going with an open mind & really lkg forwatd to going there in 3weeks. I have been to Rose Hall loved it but... Looked at reviews when I got home & wondered if I had been saying at the same resort. Hubby told me to stop reading them so for once I might actually listen. Like me u chose this hotel for a reason so go with your instinct as to why u booked it in the first place.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royalton - More negative Reviews

Satchy, Hubby knows best. lol

Chester, Maryland
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royalton - More negative Reviews

I've been watching your reviews & my Husband and I decided to switch to ME from royalton. Will we be much happier here? Thanks?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royalton - More negative Reviews

Dana, it depends on what you are looking for. As ELTORO2010 quoted from my own practices and fumbles earlier... don't rely on anyone else's experiences or let them change your mind ... Don't listen to hype and set your expectations too high, you will set yourself up for disappointment every time. So why are you considering the change... what's not to like for you that you think will be better at Royalton?

nottingham.
Level Contributor
549 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royalton - More negative Reviews

But hasn't the hotel got a 91% positive review rate?. That looks pretty good to me.

10. Re: Royalton - More negative Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it made false or speculative claims about TripAdvisor and its staff, or it quoted or summarised private correspondence from TripAdvisor staff.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 18:03