We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Palma Real or Majestic Colonial

New Jersey
Level Contributor
257 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus Palma Real or Majestic Colonial

Hello

I will be leaving for PPR in two weeks. Before I made my final decision the choices were MC or PPR. At the time reviews on MC were so so. I was looking for something upscale and thought that PPR may be a better fit. I have really started to second guess my self on whether or not I made the right choice. We did opt for the Royal Service at the PPR

If you have a first hand opinion and can share comparisons, your thoughts are welcomed. Thanks

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
244 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Palma Real or Majestic Colonial

Hi Barryree from Jersey!

I have been to the Paradisus and I can tell you, disappointment is not coming your way. This is such a luxurious resort, like a boutique hotel but with everything an all-inclusive has. The pool is large and warm, the beach is perfect, the spa is mmmmmmmmm, and the rooms are large, clean, and romantic. The jacuzzis and flat panel plasma tv's are a great addition to the rooms as well.

Stop second guessing yourself and get ready to enjoy. Play a round of golf across the way at the course. Plan your tours. If you have any questions about the resort itself, just ask. I was down there on an inspection fam in June.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Palma Real or Majestic Colonial

Barryree -

I have to 100% agree with the above comment. I have visited the Paradisus Palma Real twice once in June, and I also did a site inspection and I stated there, and again I stayed there in Sept. I have been to Punta Cana 4 times, this is my favorite resort not only in the DR but everywhere. Hands down this resort is amazing. The rooms are huge, and everyroom has a european spa shower, and a 2 person jacuzzi, you get robes and slippers. The food is so good, the pool is warm and huge. And all along the pool you have beds not only out side the pool but in the pool also and on the beach, there is a great swimup bar. The spa is also amazing.

You will not be let down at this resort. it will meet all your expectations.

Enjoy your trip

New Jersey
Level Contributor
257 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus Palma Real or Majestic Colonial

Travelgal619 and Jillanson thank you so much! The reassurance is appreciated and welcomed. I am really looking forward to this trip and thanks to you, I am, really siked again. Yes, I am from Jersey and as much as I love it here, I cant wait for Punta Cana.

The last time we were in PC we stayed at Secrets. As you already know, another beautiful resort. If PPR is nicer or atleast comparable, we are happy campers.

We will be at the RIu Palace PC for four days before we head to PPR. I am really looking forward to both resorts, especially the PPR.

Thanks again.

barryree

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
244 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus Palma Real or Majestic Colonial

Hey Barryree,

It is too bad our calendars are off by just a couple of days. We will be in PUJ nov 3-10th for teachers week. I have stayed at Secrets as well, and I think you will be very, very happy with the PPR.

26 days and counting........from Brick to Punta Cana!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
257 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus Palma Real or Majestic Colonial

Travelgal619

Yes, It is too bad that we will miss each other by a few days. It would have been great to meet up with you for a drink or two.

Thanks again for your help and comments.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
220 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus Palma Real or Majestic Colonial

Barryree,

I just wrote a review on this resort and gave it a 3. I will tell you right away that PPR doesn't have anything MAYOR wrong with it is just little details that take the experience from amazing to ok. oh and about royal service... I truly think that unless you are going to get the ocean view rooms you REALLY DO NOT NEED RS. I mean with RS you get a butler when you come in and thats about it.

The problem is that the ball is droped, often. lets say at the begining of your stay you say you want a bath everynight, a bottle of wine, a wake-up call. Well chances are you wont get it unless you call every night for it... and frankly you can do that without the extra expense of royal service.

as far as the restaurants go... when I went in sep. the hotel was empty and there really was no problem in getting a table in any of the restaurants.

The RS pool is small and crowded the main pool is big and you will probably want to hang out there anyway because that is where the action is, but you can also find an isolated stop since it is so big... another thing is that the palapas in the RS pool are always reserved for people that never show up while you can always find a palapa in the main pool. while on the beach the is a beach person taking order for the regular side as well as on the RS side.

I will tell you this, the rooms are beautiful, room service is great, the grounds are amazing, the DRINKS are out of this world. I would just suggest that you don't book RS and you save your money to do other things like parasailing, or 4 wheel, or scuba doo, or something like that !!!!!!! hell give it in tips to the men and women that work there and try so hard !!! ( not the ladies in the RS loby )

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradisus Palma Real or Majestic Colonial

When you mentioned everyone gets a 2-person jaquzzi, my travel agent thought the less expensive garden view doesn’t. I hope they do as we booked two rooms there. We opted NOT to do RS because we are getting 2 rooms (taking our adult children). My only concerned with not getting royal service is I heard check-in in difficult. I hope my husband doesn’t get impatient. We are going for a big birthday and I want everyone to be happy.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
220 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradisus Palma Real or Majestic Colonial

Coberg,

ALL the rooms have jacuzzy, all the rooms and all the rooms have a mini bar, the only thing you get extra in RS is access to Gaby beach restaurant o and the butler... but you really do not need a butler since all they do is call up your order to room service or the front desk. I think the check in problem depends on what time you arrive and what time of the year, when I went in Sep there was barely anyone in the hotel !!!! I suggest maybe having some shorts or a bathingsuit in your carry-on so you can go to the pool while you wait for your room to be ready !!!! they have sun block by the RS pool just walk in and borrow some.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
257 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradisus Palma Real or Majestic Colonial

Hi Roxy2177,

I certainly appreciate your advice on RS. Our trip was originally booked for July because we thought that during that time of the year we would need the RS. Due to an untimely death in our family, we had to postpone our trip until Oct. Continental and Apple Vacations allowed us to make the changes without penalty on the air or hotel so we opted to make no changes to the package and keep RS.

Thanks for your review. Even though "it was just ok" is not what I wanted to hear.

This is a much needed vacation for hubby and I. We are really looking forward to it.

Thanks again.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
220 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradisus Palma Real or Majestic Colonial

baryree,

I gave it the OK because I was expecting total luxury do to the fact that I had RS.

IF I didn't have royal service I would give it a solid 4 only because I thought the food was over cooked.

The buffet is good

the service is good

the rooms are nice

if you can spare the "pillow menu" and the Gaby beach restaurant then go for the regular package and have a great time...

my problem is with value, not really price... but value and royal service in my opinion adds no value !!!