We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anybody heard of the Occidental Grand Flamenco

St.Catharines...
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Has anybody heard of the Occidental Grand Flamenco

Have been told this is a great place, but every time I punch in the name I get info on the Occidental Allegro Punta Cana. My question is, does the Occidental Grand Flamenco exsit, and if so I would love some info or a web site address as we are planning a January 2007 trip and need to decide on our resort soon!!!!!

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
244 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anybody heard of the Occidental Grand Flamenco

Hi Hawky,

Yes, the Occidental Grand Flamenco does exist, but not in Punta Cana. It is in the Mayan Riviera in Mexico, south of Playa Del Carmen and right next to Xcaret park. It is also known as the Occidental Xcaret.

In Punta Cana, you have the Occidental Grand Punta Cana, the Allegro Punta Cana, and that is it for occidental resorts. Allegro is the 4 star of the company, Grand is the 5 star, and royal hideaway is the 6 star.

Sorry :-)

montreal
Level Contributor
874 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anybody heard of the Occidental Grand Flamenco

hi hawky,

When we were there about 1 1/2 year ago it was called occ. grand flamenco punta cana. It has been sold and changed name and is now occidental grand punta cana. I can assure that it is the same hotel.

If you go to the link below and check Occ. Grand hotels you will find the info you need.

http://www.occidentalhotels.com/

Regards.

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,627 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anybody heard of the Occidental Grand Flamenco

We stayed at the Occidental Grand Flamenco in March 2006..I can assure you its in Punta Cana.. and its a really nice place also.. we had a great time.

Jersey Shore
Level Contributor
244 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anybody heard of the Occidental Grand Flamenco

Hi Nancy,

I will have to disagree with you. There is no Flamenco in Punta Cana anymore. The only Flamenco that Occidental has is in Mexico now, and even that has officially changed it's name to Xcaret. Technically, Occidental does not have a hotel with the name Flamenco in it.

Also, Occidental uses certain words to determine the level of hotel you are staying at. Allego is the lowest tier they offer, and then Grand is next. What was known as the grand flamenco is now the grand punta cana. It offers the same level of amenities and services as before.

This is a problem with all major resort chains, and with the frequent changing of hands in the hotel industry. It is tough to keep up with it all. :-)

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,627 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anybody heard of the Occidental Grand Flamenco

Okay.. 6 months ago I stayed at the Grand Flamenco... today that must be the Grand Punta Cana.. haha.. It was fun and I enjoyed it.

Going back in December and staying at the Iberostar Bavara... hope that it doesn't change its name before I get there :)

Alberta Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anybody heard of the Occidental Grand Flamenco

The Occidental Grand (they dropped the Flamenco) portion of the name.--recentely i am guessing as the vacation brochures still have the Flamenco name included. We found it confusing when booking as well--the lady at escapes.ca clarified it for us.

we just returned last week from this place -it is a great resort.

On trip advisor -its just occidental Grand --the Occidntal Allegro is another resort no where near the Grand.

Based on what was said on tripadvisor--we choose the Grand over the allegro--we were not dissapointed.

beth12

ardrossan,alberta
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anybody heard of the Occidental Grand Flamenco

Yes, the ocidental grand is in Mayan Riviera, and is called the Occidental Grand Xcaret, or I've also seen it as the Grans Occidental Xcaret. I am looking at going there in January as well.

Toronto
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anybody heard of the Occidental Grand Flamenco

I stayed at the Occidental Grand Flamenco in Punta Cana 4 years ago, it has since been renamed. It is a fantastic resort laid out very well. The beach is unbelievable. I was actually considering it for my wedding next year which says alot for the resort, but opted for the Bahia instead.

toronto
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anybody heard of the Occidental Grand Flamenco

Three years ago we stayed at The Grand Flamenco, Punta Cana and had a great time. The resort is a little older than most but extremely clean and very well run. The best food we have ever experienced at an all inclusive. Highly reccomend the Asian restaurant ( we went twice in a row) and pizza place is excellent. They also have Chammpagne and OJ at breakfast buffet.

We're off to Occidental Grand Xcaret in two days and can't wait! I'll check the website... maybe resort changed hands. Can tell by photos will let you know.

w

toronto
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anybody heard of the Occidental Grand Flamenco

Occidental Grand Punta Cana was formerly the Grand Flamenco!

w