We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter in Punta Cana

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
48 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Easter in Punta Cana

I've searched the net high and low for any information about Easter service in Punta Cana. I found info on Debbie's

Dominican site that says that a period called "Le Semana Sainta" runs from March through May and begins on Good Friday. Says that on Good Friday all the Dominicans stop working and head to the beach. No loud music can be played on that day - including at the beach and in the discos. Nothing about Easter Sunday and where one might find a sunrise service. Has anyone traveled during this period in previous years or know where I might go to find more info? Thanx!

NB Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter in Punta Cana

I have been to the dr during easter week before, and there is not much going on, easter weekend there will be nothing happening, no motorized activites, it is pretty much dead, you can not get near the disco's on or off your resort because the locals pack it in. we could not even get a taxi to take us anywhere on easter sunday.I would suggest another time to travel if i was you